“Very French”

Ranked #19 of 138 Restaurants in Kapaa
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As of June 2016 Art Cafe Hemingway follows a new concept: 2restaurants in 1 house. Monday - Friday HEMINGWAY BY MIAH Chef Miah and his young team serve the same brunch items as Jana and Markus. For dinner they present European inspired dishes. Friday - Sunday ART CAFÉ HEMINGWAY operated by Markus and Chef Jana. The restaurant features refined, playful dishes that highlight exceptional local ingredients and seasonality from their own Farm. Enjoy brunch in a relaxed atmosphere with best Italian coffee drinks and amazing brunch items. Or dinner in a romantic environment in one of the oldest houses of the island, with a small but precious selection of old-world wines and house designed cocktails.
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

But the names on most dishes were Italian !
The meals we chose were tasty and healthy but a tare on the small size for the price. If they were a bit more loose on the portions I would have given them 5 *.
They also had very good espresso.

Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

My daughter, boyfriend and I decided to give this place a try. He was raised on Kauai and we were visiting for a few weeks. No one got their food delivered together. It came in pieces. First they didn’t put my daughters basic crape order in properly. Which they promptly fixed. I ordered an eggs benidict classic style. First of all, the English muffin was toasted fine, They just threw a couple Pieces of cold lunch meat ham on top of the English muffin. Which was not good. The egg whites were so runny that I couldn’t even get a bite of egg on a bite. I at 1/4 of the dish, my daughter ate 1/4 of her crepe. How do you mess up a crepe and a 5 year old won’t eat it? The server didn’t come back to check on us a single time. She brought drinks and never saw her again. Someone else brought our food, someone else cleared or plates, and someone else brought our check. We left hungry after a 60$ basic breakfast that no one wanted to eat nor did any of the staff care. Pretty lame if I have to say. I won’t be visiting there again. When I find something I like we tend to be frequent flyers. Looks like this place won’t be getting our Buisness. I hope this review saves some people some headaches and saves you some waisted money.

1  Thank tiffamy5421
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Come on the weekend when Marcus and Jana are there. Their made from scratch croissants are seriously one of the best things that I have ever eaten! My favorite is the ham, egg & cheese with lettuce, tomato and this magic sauce that times it all together. They are pricey but a special treat! <3

Reviewed August 30, 2018

This building is like house from some fairy tale.
It was a pleasure to eat breakfast outside with a cup of coffee surrounded by lush greenery.
I ordered oatmeal and it was completely enough. My dish consisted of several components and looked beautiful!
I like the idea of running this business which owners stand for.
Keep up the good work and see you around... really soon I hope!

Reviewed August 23, 2018

My husband and I had a superb dinner experience in this restaurant. The place has a very unique balance of playful, romantic and sophisticated. We loved the artsy space but were blown away by Jeremiah's impeccable service and most of all the delicious food. Everything we ordered tasted amazing and Jeremiah was extremely welcoming and attentive.

This is definitely a must-go when in Kapaa, Kauai and I would love to go back if I ever visit Kauai again.