“Nice Breakfast Selections”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed October 11, 2018

We stop here every time while we stay in Kapaa. The breakfast menu is very nice and has great pancakes! The place is located in the downtown area of Kapaa. Fairly priced menu items, local hospitality, and old fashioned cafe setting. Recommend for a nice sit down restaurant and a local favorite.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed October 11, 2018

We've seen different owners and some menu changes over the years...even a major rearrangement of the furniture...but this little diner in Kapaa retains its great reputation as always. I'll confess that I used to eat more than I do now, but now I have to confess that eating more than half of one of their omelettes is just about impossible. As for their pancakes, "big" is an inadequate description. "Yummy" fits better.

1  Thank palshaw
Reviewed October 7, 2018

We ate here on our first day in town on a recommendation from our resort's concierge. This is not a big place, so you may face a wait. In our case, we were seated right away. The place was packed so our waitress did not get to our table right away, though the wait was not long. All four people in our group ate something different, and all of us were happy. The French toast was highly recommended; I found it very average, but it was good. If you go, understand parking is at a premium, so expect to walk a little.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We tried to go here yesterday but it had a 30 min line so we went next door.
Came back early today and got seated right away.
Awesome breakfast. My wife had one of their many "Benedict's" and I had the 2 egg with Portuguese sausage.
Both were very yummy and they came with a nice crispy pile of hash browns.
Make sure you bring an appetite as they are very big plates !
We also had their great tasting espresso.

1  Thank Cpjules
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

We stopped in today for breakfast. Our waitress was friendly enough but atttention to service was lacking. I had the corn beef hash breakfast and my wife had the Sampler breakfast. I ordered the corn bread which was very dry, it was the only thing that we ordered which wasn't delicious.
The pancakes were fresh and fluffy. The corn beef hash was excellent, as well as the hash browns.

I found the service disappointing. After taking our order and bringing us our food our waitress with the exception of checking back one time early on after we were served pretty much disappeared. We had ask another waitress for some extra napkins and she never came back with them. We had to ask the busboy for refills for our coffee, (he was great), he refilled our coffee 3 different times for us as well as got us our extra napkins.
In summary: