Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,682 results
All reviews water slides across the street pool area oasis restaurant high end appliances sandy bottom kauai exclusive management the kitchen ocean view through vrbo parking lot great pool waipouli beach bath unit grocery store fitness center central location
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

The place is good but I think we can all agree that for the price is costs per night you are expecting perfect 5 star accommodation. Our room was supposed to have a partial ocean view however if partial means you need to hang off the balcony and look as far right as possible then I’ll give you that but I expected to at least be able to see the ocean from one room! Our bathtub was disgusting, cracked and chipped with a disgusting color on the bottom I love a bath and was so excited until this completely put me off stepping in it. They charge a $225 cleaning fee but don’t clean the apartment once while you are there unless you are willing to pay another $225. The pool is great but be aware the beach is not a swimming beach. Reception staff were nice enough but when I mentioned the bath they couldn’t be less interested. Overall I would potentially consider staying again if I knew the apartment was going to be clean and in nice condition if not there are equally average places for a waaaay cheaper price.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2019

I get it, the designers of these places don't live in it. So they do silly things like make it so there are no towel hooks or racks within reach of the shower. I'm used to quirks like that while traveling, though it does sometimes indicate lack of thought in other areas as well.

Here, you do not want to stay on the top floor. The 400 level sits under the mechanical rooms. They did not sound insulate the mechanical rooms. If you are unlucky enough to get one of the 5 rooms nearest the elevator, you will have the songs of the mechanism piped through your HVAC conduits. I believe that is about a third of the rooms on that level. To escape that, we were lucky enough to be moved over a room by the management, only to have something else in the mechanical area break 2 days later. So now we have a sound comparable to an unbalanced washing machine which never finishes the spin cycle. Contact anyone in the building and they say they don't do any maintenance after 4pm. So instead of sleeping listening to the wonderful noise of the idyllic waves outside, I am writing this review.

I still give it 3 stars because hopefully some of the lower units wouldn't share these issues? Plus you'll save money!

Room tip: Do not stay on the 4th floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

My family of 6 loved our stay in B201. Spacious, clean room exceeded our expectations. The resort grounds are immaculate and our kids loved the lazy river, water slides, beach, and koi pond. It was great being in Kapa’a which is so central to everything Kauai has to offer. We spend a day up north and a few days down south. And a few days in Kapaa. The conceierge helped us book a boat tour along the Napali coast. The resort is very upfront about the cleaning fees so I’m not sure why so many people were surprised. We would definitely come back again if we’re ever lucky enough to return to Kauai.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank heidibt79
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Here is the summary:
1. Resort itself is nicely designed. Outside area is green and pools snake around making it feel less crowded. 2 water slides and separate 1 adult only jacuzzi and 2 family jacuzzis.
One problem: during our entire stay water in pool was too cold to enjoy. Not freezing but on the cold side.

2. Beach is pretty but too many rocks to enjoy, not really for swimming, so we drove to other beaches.

3. Restaurant on the property was not good in our humble opinion. Had lunch there one time and that was one too many.

4. Room B404 was exactly as described and is in great condition. Clean, everything newish. Unit has obstructed view of ocean and located on 4th floor.
Stove, cooktop, washer/dryer, toaster, coffee machine - all worked perfectly well.
Dishwasher was not doing a good job and that created some extra work.

5. Location and neighborhood.
From one stand point it’s convenient to be only 18 min away from airport and Costco, Safeway and Foodco across the street (3 min walk). Many eateries around.
From another it’s not a good neighborhood for walking. There is a Oceanside trail that is being advertised but it has small camps of people drinking/maybe living there. We went for an evening stroll and were quite uncomfortable.

So in retrospect we would consider staying in a different location with better neighborhood and on the swimmable beach.

Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

I love Waipouli Beach Resort, and I really like booking through Kauai Calls because it's a lot more straightforward and you typically know exactly what to expect when you get there. However, I'm giving this experience a less than stellar review for a couple of reasons.

The view- first and foremost, I think the view from this unit is deceptively represented in the promotional photos. The view while you are *in the living room* is spectacular. From everywhere else it is really disappointing. I'm attaching photos to this review that accurately show how it looks when you're in the rest of the condo.

Appliances and furniture- usually Kauai Calls units knock it out of the park. This one left a bit to be desired. The couch is extremely uncomfortable, and the furniture in the living room and entryway are too bulky for the space making it feel a little cramped. The safe was already locked, so we couldn't use it. And the coffee maker was really gross. Our first morning there I had to clean the water reservoir before we could even use it. Beds were good, though.

I still love the resort and I will book with Kauai Calls again, but this unit let me down.

Date of stay: March 2019