“Experience Kauai authentically”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilauea
North Country Farms
Reviewed 8 October 2015

This B&B is incredible. It is on a working farm where you are encouraged to explore and and sample true Hawaii. My husband and I were there over 5 years ago and we still talk about this place. At that time you were given a basket of organic food and could prepare your own breakfast at your leisure. We had the best time relaxing here. It is good to read that Lee still owns the place, she is both gracious and allows you to dictate the amount of interaction you require from a host. This is a fantastic place to stay for those who want to get away from it all.

Room Tip: All rooms have access to the garden and outdoor showers so all rooms are good!
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank islandmomma69

Reviewed 30 August 2015

I came here with my daughter (15) and we loved this place from the first second! We stayed in the orchard cottage and felt very warm welcome with a basket of fruits and a nice talk to Lee. It's perfect located to enjoy the lovely beaches around. The cottage is well equipped with all what you need for the beach (towels, straw mat, body boards), a barbecue grill, in the kitchen you find all stuff for cooking. I can recommend the place to all who like it to stay more private during their vacation.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2015

This simple, but very comfortable and quaint little cottage was a dream for us. With an organic garden steps away full of yummy food that we were invited to enjoy. The garden island retreat was just what we needed to feel rejuvenated and relaxed from our busy life back in Vancouver. We did a lot of travelling to Hanalei and the Na Pali Coast from this convenient location. Lee and her family were amazing hosts... friendly, helpful and generous with their bountiful garden of delights. We would highly recommend this cottage!

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 23 March 2015

Lee and her family have got this figured out. My husband and I stayed in the Garden Cottage for three nights and it was truly paradise. When we arrived there was a basket avocado, grapefruit and bananas that had been picked from the trees there, fresh flowers in every room... I felt so welcomed, especially when Lee took the time to show us around the property. They provide beach towels and chairs, and an umbrella and cooler. The bird watching from the porch on the cottage was some of the best in Kauai. the farm is a short drive from great restaurants and grocery stores, and is fully equipped if you want to BBQ. USE THE OUTDOOR SHOWER! It was so refreshing and tropical. The bed was so comfy, and we loved the layout of the cottage. It was perfect for us. Lee, thank you for this beautiful place. Do not change a thing. See you soon....

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2015

We showed up in January for 5 nights at the Garden Cottage. The kitchen was lacking...not even salt and pepper. Dark, musty. Owners seemed sick of guests. The garden/farm did have a lot of fruit. But not much growing for crops except greens. They discouraged composting and exploring around the farm. Many cars driving in and out all day...workers? I've stayed on many farms while traveling in Hawaii, NZ, Italy, France, and this was the least welcoming. Expensive for quality of bedding and the like (pilled damp sheets). I am loathe to complain, but this was not a wonderful or even pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank csavo
kauaifarmer, Owner at North Country Farms, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2015

I did not see this until today, so I apologize for responding so late to this unfavorable review. We stock the cottage with a welcome basket of farm fruit and love when guests pick more for themselves, which this guest obviously appreciated. Also we put in paper towels, toilet paper, garbage bags, kleenex, cloth bags for shopping and worlds more to make it comfortable for our guests. We DO NOT provide condiments for the kitchen. If previous guests leave mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, etc, we will keep that there for the use of the next guests, but I do not buy those items for the cottage. We have stopped asking guests to compost their kitchen scraps, as there was much confusion as to what was appropriate, making it a nasty job for us to pick through it after folks have left. NEVER have I done anything but encourage guests to explore the farm. The depths of winter is mostly about greens in our gardens, as the summer delights of tomatoes, eggplant, etc do not thrive in the cooler months with shorter daylight hours. We grow with the seasons what grows best. But, whatever is growing our guests are welcome to harvest and enjoy. As always, I am never happy when folks have less than a great time with us. . .but I have to say I am often left wondering why something such as "damp pilled sheets" was not brought to my attention while the guest is still here. I bend over backwards to insure everyone is comfortable. I appreciate having the chance to address this. Aloha, Lee

Reviewed 25 February 2015

Kauai is the "garden island," the place to get away from the commercial craziness and hustle of the other islands—North Country Farms is the place to do it on Kauai. It's an oasis of serenity but within easy reach of shops, restaurants and activities, and Lee Roversi is a perfect host: there when you need something, but happy to let you alone when you want solitude. And nothing beats strolling out from the porch to harvest a fresh salad or pick fresh fruit to go with fresh-caught fish from up the road that you grill as the sun sets and eat by candle light feeling as if you're the only two people in the universe.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2014 via mobile

Writing this now as we are leaving tomorrow and just do not want to go. What a beautiful place and what an amazing experience to stay here. If only it were for longer! Thank you for a unique and marvelous experience!

• Stayed: October 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kilauea
Koloa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to North Country Farms? Share your experiences!