“Great Views and Location”

Review of Poipu Makai #A1

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tripfrogs
Ogden, Utah
“Great Views and Location”
Reviewed June 16, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
person found this review helpful

The best thing about this unit is the ground level ocean view lanai where you can sit out in a mostly shaded area and enjoy the ocean and scenery. Most of the time it was very private and quiet because it is an end unit, but for a few days some really rowdy people were around. That's just the luck of the draw. A heritage trail goes east and you can walk for miles on a sea cliff trail right from the unit. The ocean was a bit too rough to snorkel right out in front while we were there. DO NOT depend on the stuff in the closet for your adventures. Maybe someone will leave something and you'll get lucky but the boogie board, snorkel stuff and cooler were all malfunctioning. We didn't try the chairs.We often walked to the beaches nearby. But there is plenty of parking at the beaches if you want to drive. This is a great unit, but there are several little things that need to be fixed so if you are OCD stay somewhere else. I was looking forward to an espresso machine and after a thorough search never found one. I think the unit itself could use less clunky furniture or could be re-arranged with a bit more flow. But the ocean views make up for most everything. The pool is super tiny but the water in it was nice. We came for the ocean not the pool! There is no air-conditioning, so if you are one of those people who need total luxury you might want to stay in a hotel instead of a condo. I have a king bed at home and this one was really a lot smaller, so maybe a pygmy king? I'm not going to mention bugs because it is a tropical place and if you want a bug free environment you'll have to go somewhere hermetically sealed. We absolutely loved the geckos and lizards. There were none inside the unit, but they are around the condo and my son was crazy for them. Right down at Brenneckes beach we snorkeled with about 15 sea turtles. Federal law says no touching or getting too close, but there are so many and they are friendly you feel as if you are one. We saw dolphins one morning and also a monk seal on Poipu beach. I looked at some of the other condos around and in comparison was happy I chose this one.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
slogrl
San Luis Obispo, California
“Wonderful stay in Poipu!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

We spent five nights in A1 and they were all wonderful nights! Being on the bottom floor, we had a very large patio and grass area right in front. Our two children, ages 5 and 7 loved the freedom of being able to roam around the condo and we loved being near by to keep watch. From the grassy area, we could see turtles in the water below, waves splashing up over the lava rocks and beautiful rainbows in the sea spray. Though we could have walked to Poipu/Brennecke's beach, we chose to drive so we didn't have to schlep our stuff each way. Both beaches were great and each for a different purpose - boogie boarding at one, snorkeling at the other. Best of both worlds.
The house was very well equipped and comfortable. We loved having the washer and dryer and dishwasher. If we visit Poipu again, we would love the opportunity to stay at Makai A1 again!

Montana

Reviewed March 31, 2011 for a stay in December 2010

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing