“Best Calzone!”
Review of Pizzetta

Pizzetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizzetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Koloa
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Buon Giorno! Our recipes originated in the warmth of the kitchens of my hometown, Altomonte, in the region of Calabria in Southern Italy. Today we offer you these culinary delights made from scratch with the finest and freshest ingredients. Here we are striving to carry on my family's time-honored tradition of using delicious food to put a smile on your face and replenish your soul. Please come visit when on one of the most beautiful islands in the world.
Reviewed February 25, 2016

My boyfriend and I spent six days on The Big Island before making our way to Kauai and we both agreed the best food we have had so far on our trip has been at Pizzetta! The first time we went we each had a calzone and a side caesar salad and honestly... BEST CALZONE I have ever had. The caesar salad was amazing too. We ended up going the next day too and we each got a salad and then a 12" pizza to share (BBQ Chicken with added mushrooms and pineapple). Everything was fresh and made from scratch... amazing pizza sauce and cheese. They also have a little gelato/sorbet stand that was also mind glowingly good. I am trying to talk my boyfriend into stopping here one more time before we leave in the next few days (which won't be hard to do). If you love Italian food and a great dining atmosphere then this is definitely a place to try!

1  Thank Amesspow
Write a ReviewReviews (1,628)

Reviewed February 22, 2016

We come to Koloa every other year and when that pizza craving hits Pizzetta satisfies. This time we tried the Mozzarella sticks and were pleasantly surprised to find that instead of the normal 'frozen/fried from a box' tubes they were actually handmade quesadilla-ish sticks - very yummy. The Greek salad was also really quite good. The pizza itself - we ordered the Sausage/Mushroom/Onion - was good for Hawaii but nothing to write home about. A little light on the toppings, a little tasteless on the sauce, and with a thin crust that was more dry than crisp.

My wife enjoyed her Lilikoi Cosmos and I had a Castaway IPA which was tasty. Our kids Italian Sodas were a mixed bag. Despite what I assume was the same bartender one had about an inch of syrup (yum) and one had about two inches (yuck...WAY too sweet).

The atmosphere is fun and casual and not too noisy. And our server was nice but a little clueless. There was a mix up on the drinks - we asked for a 2nd IPA, not a 2nd Cosmo - and the time between 'done' and getting the check was too long. But all in all I recommend Pizzetta and would (and will) come back. Just don't expect the world's best pizza.

Reviewed February 21, 2016

We have had some great meals here. I can honestly say that if you have the ono here in any of its versions. You will be pleased. Yes, this is a pizza place.. but do not hesitate to try other options because it is worth it. Pizza by the slice for lunch, or a sit down dinner. Gelato too. This place is one of our favorites.

1  Thank Lon S
Reviewed February 21, 2016

Went here for lunch while looking around Koloa. We actually didn't get pizza, but ended up getting a bunch of yummy appetizers. We had the gnocchi, mac and cheese, and the mozzarella sticks. All were very good and made an excellent lunch for my boyfriend and I. Also make sure you check in on yelp so you can get free mozzarella sticks!

1  Thank miztape
Reviewed February 21, 2016 via mobile

Upon asking what the best pizza was, our server suggested the BBQ chicken, but substituting pulled pork - which gave a greater smoky flavor - score! It was awesome, backed up by an all meat, with very flavorful sausage. Salad was refreshing- great dinner!

1  Thank Jholt619

Been to Pizzetta? Share your experiences!