2,653 results
All reviews shutters bar sand pool naupaka terrace rental car close to the airport ocean view breakfast buffet gift shop valet parking fire pit our honeymoon pools and hot tubs main restaurant per day parking lot poolside bar watch the sunrise
Reviewed August 22, 2018

We stayed here one night on 8/19 due to having to reschedule our flight (mechanical issue delay would've caused us to miss our connecting flight so we rebooked the whole thing for the next day). We booked last minute around 8 in the evening. From the lady at reservations to Linda at shuttle scheduling to Jasmine at check in, we were treated so warmly and kindly, it made the frazzled airline experience bearable. We slept wonderfully in the comfortable bed and air-conditioned room. Every staff member we encountered on our walk around the grounds the next morning went out of his/her way to say Aloha or ask if we needed anything. We had an amazing breakfast at Naupaka Terrace, with a kind waiter who helped our excited daughter find the way to the koi feeding mid-breakfast. At check out, our questions were answered with a smile. We wished we would've stayed here for our entire trip, but will make sure we do so on our next adventure to the island! Mahalo, Kauai Beach Resort for your amazing hospitality!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank kjb1976
GeneralManager808, Manager at Kauai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Aloha,

Thank you so much for staying with us on a last minute reservation and sharing your feedback regarding your pleasurable experience. I'm delighted to hear that although you had a short stay and weren't able to take advantage of all of our amenities, that the amenities and people you were able to experience, exceeded your expectations. We wish you could've stayed longer, however, wish your return on your next Kauai Island escape.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

This is my first review as I am normally not picky w/ hotel rooms so this should show the extent of how negative this hotel experience was.

The first night we ate dinner at a restaurant and waited so long to receive our bill; our waiter legitimately disappeared. Trying to stay positive, because after all we are in Hawaii trying to have a special time, I walked up to the manager to get the bill. I paid for the bill, including tip, with cash, told the waiter I did not require any change, and we left. Later that evening, despite having a "Do Not Disturb" on my hotel room door, a woman came upstairs to my room to tell me I failed to pay my bill. I told the woman that there must be a misunderstanding; this is not even our bill (it was a completely different bill with food we did not order), and she said okay and went back downstairs to the restaurant. Later that evening, I received multiple calls from the restaurant insisting that I did not pay the bill. I referenced a couple dining to the right of us that watched me pay the bill, described my waiter to them in detail (they said there were no male waiters on staff even though we had a male waiter who was practically servicing half of the restaurant), and even described every single food item we ordered as well as the pricing of those food items we ordered to prove to them that the bill they are claiming we did not pay is not even ours . . . a few hours later after painful phone calls, the woman calls me back and says they are all set and figured out the problem. They did not even issue an apology for inconveniencing me and the time lost that evening nor did they even tell me the root of all the confusion. Annoying....but you know what, mistakes happen, and I can live with that.

The hiccup above is nothing compared to what happened to my girlfriend and I (as well as another couple) the following day when we were trying to head back to the airport at the end of our vacation to catch our flight. Part of what attracted us to this hotel is its free shuttle service to and from the airport, and because we did not have a rental car that day, we knew this would be of value to us. Unfortunately, and to no fault of the hotel's, there was a major accident on the main highway outside of the hotel which caused the road coming FROM the airport to be shut down. However, the road TO the airport was still open and we would have had no problem getting to the airport w/ the the help of the hotel shuttle service. The hotel already had a shuttle bus out in the traffic (coming FROM the airport after dropping off hotel guests) and it was stuck because it was on the side of the road the accident was on. Concierge had a second shuttle but refused to bring us to the airport because they didn't want their second shuttle bus to get stuck in the traffic on the way back from the airport. The concierge did go to management to get approval to release the second shuttle bus to bring my girlfriend and I, as well as another couple, to the airport but management denied the request and told us we are just going to have to call the airport and tell them we cannot make our flights and will just have to stay another night at the hotel. Management could have taken the second shuttle bus to the airport but refused to do so due to how it would inconvenience them on the way back to the hotel. They were willing to let multiple guests miss their flights instead. The hotel even had a rental car service at the hotel and could have provided us with a free rental that we could have dropped off at the airport so it wouldn't have to get stuck in traffic coming back. . . but nope, we got zero customer support. Basically felt like it was not their problem since we are already checked out and our bill to them was paid. Because missing our flights was not an option, my girlfriend and I as well as the other couple set off on foot in 85 degree heat with all of our luggage and walked / jogged the 3.5 miles to the airport to reach our flight in time. We really should be given a refund for our nightmare of a stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Andrew G
GeneralManager808, Manager at Kauai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Aloha,

Thank you for your candid review of your less than desirable experience that you experienced at Kauai Beach Resort. I am not proud to hear of the experience that you had, for the lack of customer service in the restaurant and with the shuttle service. We would love to further discuss your experience with you, please contact us at 808-245-1955 and speak with the Manager on Duty.

We strive to provide memorable Guest experiences for all who come through our doors, and unfortunately failed on all levels, and therefore apologize to you for the lack of customer service. We would love for you to give us another opportunity on your next vacation to Kauai, to win back your loyalty.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week for our anniversary. Our gift from the hotel was a free dessert and 15% if we purchased two entrees at their restaurant. The food in the restaurant is just average, but it’s definitely overpriced. Maybe it’s because it’s on an island and it’s a resort, but we found better food away from the resort for the same price or cheaper.

Our room was cleanish. I say cleanish because it was clear the bathroom floor, toilet, and floor of the bathtub were cleaned. But the shower wall had obviously soap scum, mildew/mold. I brought it to the attention of hotel staff on our first morning. It was cleaned by that evening. On the second morning, I brought it to the attention of the front desk supervisor with pictures, and when we got back that evening, it was partially cleaned up. By that, I mean the pink soap scum was cleaned up but most of the mildew remained. The other issue was that our carpet had clearly seen better days. It was probably vacuumed regularly, but it was just worn out and dirty looking. The bed was comfortable and sheets were clean.

all staff members were very helpful and nice. The pool was nice, one pool was a bit green, but with as much rain as they had in recent weeks, it’s understandable.

The beach was nice, although not swimmable because there were so many Man-o-war washing up. Apparently that happens in the summer of the east shore.

Would I stay there again, maybe? I can’t say for sure. It’s not some place then I’m going to put high on my priority list if I returned.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda M
GeneralManager808, Manager at Kauai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Aloha,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback regarding your experience at KBR. Please accept our apologies that the cleanliness of your room/bathroom did not meet your expectations and failed to provide a comfortable/clean atmosphere for you. If you do return to Kauai, we hope that you give us another opportunity to win back your loyalty to stay with us again.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

It's a nice place, and relatively inexpensive. The staff was very nice. They wrre very polite when they approached us at the pool bc we didnt know we needed bracelets showing we were guests there. Cleanliness was not great, though.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Aloha,

Thank for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us. I am disheartened to hear that you experienced uncleanliness during your stay. Please feel free to give us a call at 808-245-1955 and speak with our Manager on Duty, so that we know specifically areas that were not clean for you, so that on your next visit or for our next Guests, we can ensure a positive memorable stay for all.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

Very comfortable, great facilities, but a bit tired. The staff are friendly and helpful. The location is close to the airport and only a short drive to the coastal village of Kapaa where eateries and various small town facilities are worth a visit. The resort is a bit expensive in our opinion for food and drinks. We had a succulent filet mignon but it was about the size of a $1 coin. Would probably revisit but definitely eat out.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jjh633
GeneralManager808, Manager at Kauai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Aloha,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your experience and apologize that the food prices were not to your expectation. Our food prices are comparable to neighboring resorts such as Marriott, Sheraton, and Hyatt. We hope you give us another opportunity and choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Kauai.