This resort was a very pleasant surprise for us. On a budget, we were not expecting high luxury and with its dated construction, it is what it is. But when we saw the gorgeous views and cheerful decor not to mention the full kitchen and spacious living space, this place was fantastic and I would return in a heartbeat. They have a pool which seemed sufficient but we didn't come to Kauai to hang out at a pool. Located on the east side of the island, it is right between the north and south ends which are the more popular tourist spots if you are looking for the beach experience out your front door. We were interested in exploring the island so this location was perfect and the beaches are all close by car anyway. The town nearby is more where the locals live and this was interesting in itself--also convenient for grocery shopping and dining out. There is nothing you can do about the rampant roosters on the island other than pack earplugs so plan on some early nights because you will be woken with their crows starting way too early. We saved a ton by eating in and were able to spend our money on the fun stuff like riding in a helicopter.... all in all a great vacation and resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kaha Lani Resort features oceanfront condominiums adjacent to Lydgate Beach Park and playground, with a walking path along the coast. Centrally located, the resort offers a variety of one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites, all oceanview or oceanfront. Amenities include a pool, tennis court, barbecues, and a putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Castle Kaha Lani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kaha Lani Hotel Lihue
- Kaha Lani
- Castle Kaha Lani Kauai/Lihue