All reviews place to sleep oxtail soup basic room lihue airport rental car accommodations geckos roaches amenities sink oahu island
Reviewed June 13, 2018

We visited Kauai in October. On our last day, we had to be out of our room at 11AM but our flight wasn't until 9pm. We spent the day at the beach and doing some last minute sight seeing. As you can imagine, we were in need of a shower before the long flight back to the mainland. This is where Tip Top came into the picture. This motel is a classic old school motel. Very, very simple with a bed, TV and bathroom. This motel is not a beach resort. It is a straight up place to stay attached to a restaurant. We popped in for a quick shower and rested for a couple of hours before moving on to the airport. It was perfect for this occasion and, to us, worth the deal we found on it that day. I have to say that it was very clean, had good parking and served us well. I give it a average rating because it is simple and has no frills which is what they set out to provide. I would use Tip Top again in a pinch.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

First thought was how basic it was. Expected that. Room was clean beds were comfortable. Didn't think about no curtains on windows till 6am when bright light woke me up and I couldn't get back to sleep.

People comment on their wonderful breakfast. Here's a picture of my burnt omelet and hashbrowns.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank C1482QFrobertj
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here after getting in late from the airport for one night. Very basic room with clean accommodations. Close drive from the airport ($10 cab ride). We got take out for breakfast and ate in our room because the restaurant gets very busy .

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

When I walked in my room my first thought was “this is it?” The room is super basic, just beds, a closet with no doors, a tv, and a bedside table. The bathroom was surprisingly large and the shower was a good size as well. The towels were ancient, the bedding was a sheet and a “blanket” and I don’t think the shower was cleaned in the whole week we stayed here. It was inexpensive and the restaurant was super popular. Don’t have high expectations with this place.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank myth-ing-in-action
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Nothing FANCY Greeted quickly with fresh coffee and had the Best Macnut pancakes on the Island
Always stop here at least once while on KAUA Iand would believe over 30 years I could add additional comments but is not necessary
Great for breakfast and they serve a nice lunch Saimen, nice sandwiches

Date of stay: November 2017