“Wonderful experience and condominium!”
other travellers have booked this property
Fantastic Sunrises every morning.  Photo has surfers. Not recommended it is not a life guarded beach
A very secluded & quiet beachfront location a 1/2 mile off the road yet the most central on island Entry to my home second floor and lanai with many trees for privacy. The pool is right behind my me
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The entry to my home and the 10 steps to the condo.
The view from the Lanai & living room. It can be less or more depending on trimming of trees & shrub
it's my home. Custom real wood cabinets. Solid carved Mahogany hand varnished doors, granite counter
Living room with new sofa bed and a nice chair and ottamen, air purifier and nice decor
New Sofa bed
The view has trees, extra tables & July 2017 10,000 BTU air conditioner & part of the entertainment
Entertainment has 35' flat screen HD TV, DVD, Stereo, router for the free private 50 MB Wi-Fi
Bedroom has king bed with a removable 3 inch memory foam mattress topper, ceiling fan, air condition
Dresser, desk with mirror, 24' Flat screen TV, DVD stereo, art, flowers
Kitchen, new solid wood cabinets, granite, lots of appliances, pots, pans, dishes, wine & glasses
Dual sink, with sprayer, disposal and filtered water all in granite counters..
Coffee center with 8 cup, 5 cup, espresso maker, large grinder, counters are granite & many other
Utensils galore, 2 knife block sets, grater, pineapple cutter and much more
This cabinet has additional seasoning above the 16 below, tin foil, oils, cooking sprays and more
Toaster, seasonings, strainers and there are much more in the cabinets and drawers
Dining arrea
Bath has thick towels towels 2 sets of 4
Bath towels, floral shower door to full tub and shower with raised Speakman professional shower head
Medicine cabinet has necessities you can use with headache, diarrhea,antacid, denture cleaner more
sewing kit
first aid and cotton balls
Between the bedroom and bathroom is a separate vanity/desk area with 3 lights for work or make up
wardrobe has room for clothes, extra towels, blankets, beach towels
Washer & dryer behind mirrored doors by kitchen. I supply soap, dryer sheets & cleaning supplies
Lanai furniture has 4 chairs and 4 end tables that can be arranged modular many ways
The tables can be foot rests or here set up as lounges with 2 chairs
The property is 80% a Wyndham Resort &  beautifully landscaped & maintained. Lagoons &  fountains.
I am one of the few private owners and it is my home when not traveling. Lagoons have geese & ducks
Lovely landscaping at the entrance to my condo. Free parking right at the entrance.
The tennis courts were just redone.
The condotel studio hotel started out as a Hilton & has changed many times and is now condotels
it is nicely done with a restaurant, bar, spa, gym, shops & the show South Pacific weekly.
The condotel studio hotel facilities are separate & not included with my condo.The pools are closed
The restaurant is pricey but offers unit guests discounts. They have a seafood & prime rib buffets
Beach ends at Lydgate park a 45 minute or so walk or 5 minute drive.  Not many people on the beach.
A very secluded 3 mile beach begins at a park next to the condos & runs along the golf course.
Every day it is a different spectacular show. Even when raining. Sometimes rainbows. I go everyday.
The beach sunrises every morning are great. Sometimes with clouds & sometimes none. Go with coffee
This is the beach during a storm, not much sunrise but lots of nice waves to watch.
Beautiful but caution not lifeguarded or recommended for swimming. Kauai has treacherous waters.
This is the distant mountain view know as as KING KONG. It is not sleeping giant. View from beach.
After 5 minutes you may not see people. It runs 3 miles along the golf course and access limited.
A bike path is being built from north to south & this begins at Lydgate Park the beachs end.
Lydgate is the best park on the island with great kids facilities, life guarded beach swimming hole.
The swimming & snorkeling lagoon is large & rock walled in, life guarded, lots of fish & very safe.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
David S
La Jolla, California
“Wonderful experience and condominium!”
Reviewed March 12, 2016 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Wonderful Condominium; centrally located; loaded with all the amenities of our house!
This is a very homey condominium with wonderful features, tasteful décor and 2 flat screen TVs (living room and bedroom) which meant we could watch different programs on occasion. It has 2 Air conditioners (living room and bedroom and unique in a one bedroom condominium).
We enjoyed a great island vacation which was made all the more special due to the considerable attributes of our host’s condominium unit. Convenient access to parking and the main access road was readily available.
This is a very private and quiet unit, located within a lovely resort complex complete with lagoons, a swimming pool, Jacuzzi and BBQs and tennis courts seconds from the unit.

We enjoyed a small ocean view from the living room and adjacent balcony.
Morning sunrises on the beach, which is steps away, are nature’s beauty to behold.
We enjoyed the convenience of a complete kitchen. The owner lives here when not traveling and provides guests with a wide variety of seasonings, condiments, cookware, cutlery and other kitchen implements.
There was filtered water at the sink and filtered cold water and ice are readily provided by the unit’s refrigerator (lots of fresh ice was on hand when we arrived).
Bathroom includes a raised commode and a custom raised shower head which was great for me since I am tall. There were a dozen large and small fluffy towels.
Beach equipment is also provided, i.e., towels, cooler and chairs.
A washer and dryer is conveniently located within the unit (as well as laundry supplies, i.e., soap and dryer sheets).
All paper and soap products supplied were provided in abundance (no running short of needed supplies).
A Relaxing lanai available to enjoy your favorite reading material or beverage.
The hotel gave us a 10% discount on food at its’ wonderful restaurant.
The ocean beach adjacent to this unit is very long and provides access northward to Lydgate Park as well as southward. It is not a life guarded swimming beach but those were within a 5-minute drive.
Local shopping, located minutes away in either direction for Lihue (5 ~10 min Walmart, Costco, Macy’s one way) and (10 min the other way to Safeway and Foodland and a wide variety of local shops and restaurants providing opportunities to explore both ways.
North to Princeville and South to Poipu (~ 30 min.).
The owner also provided a copy of his “Island Write Up”. This included very helpful local information which was accurate and and right on the spot.
All this is was provided for a very reasonable price.
Yes; we plan on returning for another island adventure in the future as well as recommending this opportunity to our friends.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Considerate attention to detail by unit owner.
Liked least: Limited time to enjoy a longer stay.
13 Mar 2016
Mahalo. Wow. Maybe I should use this for my description.I think you covered almost everything. I appreciate your taking the time to be so through and also for leaving my home excellent. You are welcome back anytime.
LiveandTh...
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Many outdoor adventures and activities on the island are just minutes away”
Reviewed March 9, 2016 for a stay in November 2014

A great condo for anyone who wants a quiet, peaceful place with all the amenities without spending a lot of money! Walk just 4 minutes to the beach to view an incredible early morning sunrise, enjoy the many outdoor adventures and activities on the island just minutes away (i.e. biking on a paved bike path, snorkeling, hiking, kayaking, surfing, stand up paddle surfing, etc.) enjoy a round of golf nearby or swim in a pool just outside the condo. Many options to choose from! We had 4 adults who stayed here for a week. Grocery stores are nearby to save us a lot of money as well. Every time I come back to Kauai, which is often, I'll choose this condo first. The owner is great to work with. It's located less than 10 minutes from the airport which is a serious bonus if you fly in at night!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Since I'm an outdoor adventure enthusiast, it's so close to many of the activities and adventures I take my clients to.
Liked least: It can't accommodate a large group.
Travelling group: Extended Family
10 Mar 2016
Mahalo. You 4 were great to have and thanks for leaving it so nice and respecting my home I rent when I travel. I actually make to the beach in a minute it is 3 building away and starts where my small ocean view is. But I am a fast walker. You are always welcome back you were a great person to ahve stay in my home.
Ron H
Big River, Canada
“Excellent value”
Reviewed March 9, 2016 for a stay in March 2015

Had an amazing stay at Monks condo,everything you need is here or near by. Monks island guide is priceless. We have stayed at other rentals and never had an owner treat us so well.Thought the roosters would drive us crazy but missed them when we left. Would recommend this condo to anyone looking for a relaxing holiday

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Having a beer at BBQ with other renters!
Liked least: Can't say anything bad about our stay
Travelling group: Extended Family
9 Mar 2016
Mahalo. I am always updating my "Semi World Famous Island Write Up" and even though it has yet to win a Pulitzer I keep hoping! I always do all I can to make sure every guest has the best time possible. I appreciate your kind words and your welcome back any time.
Mike L
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Home away from home!”
Reviewed March 9, 2016 for a stay in November 2015

Monk's condo is a delight. This was the second time that my wife and I rented the condo, with the first time being in October of 2014.

The condo is on the second floor of a two-story building. There's a short flight of steps to a nice landing at the door. There's a very convenient faucet to wash the sand off of your feet near the bottom of the steps. Parking is in front of the condo, and was always easy and convenient. The location of the condo on the island is so convenient. Whether you're going to the awesome snorkeling beaches on the north side, into Kapaa or Lihue, or checking out the south or west side of the island, Monk's place is basically in the middle. Lots of great places to eat and shop are nearby. The airport is only a few minutes away, making arrival and departure very easy.

The grounds are so incredibly well kept and clean. The beach is only a short walk from the condo, and in our experience was never very busy. It's a great place to go for a walk and just get lost in the sights and sounds. The pool and hot tub are well kept and rarely busy. We usually went for a swim each evening, and largely had the place to ourselves. The gas grills are nice and work well.

The condo itself is very clean and well-appointed. The kitchen was stocked with a variety of spices and cooking supplies, and had everything we needed to cook with (and more!). We surprised ourselves by using the waffle maker. Monk supplies a couple of beach chairs and a nice-sized cooler, both of which we took all over the island with us. There are plenty of towels and bath necessities, too. The shower head is higher than most, so if you're tall you'll appreciate that.

One of the really nice touches is the desk area. It's at the intersection of the bathroom, bedroom, and living room. There's a nice vanity there, which my wife really appreciated. She could take the time to do her makeup and hair there, leaving the bathroom for me to use. The desk area has three doors, one to each of the rooms around it. If more than one couple were staying at the condo, or if you had kids, that's a really nice feature.

The bedroom is very comfortable. The bedding has been clean and fresh each time we stayed, with great pillows. There is plenty of space in the dresser and closet, so you don't feel like you're living out of a suitcase. The air conditioner keeps it comfortable. Monk also provides a couple of air filters that keep the condo dust-free and smelling great. I'm a bit of an afternoon napper, and the blinds kept the light out allowing me to nap very comfortably. We really slept great both times we stayed. We never heard noises from the neighbors, and being on the top floor there's no one walking around above you.

The living room is a nice play to relax. The couch and chair were comfy, and there's a small dining table. The top of the kitchen counter serves as a bar area. There's a balcony where you can get a view of the water, with a nice lounger and table set. My wife found it to be a great place to work on her knitting and I did a fair bit of reading there.

The washer and drier made life so much easier. Monk does a great job of making your stay easy in so many ways. He's got some tourist brochures, but more than that he's got his island write-up. It's basically a guide-book to some of his favorite places to see, experience, and eat. We found his recommendations to be spot-on. It made a great cross-reference to the Kauai Revealed app on our phones (get that!!).

I'd never done a private-party rental prior to staying at Monk's condo. It's so much easier than I had thought it would be. Monk is great to talk to. He and I have probably spent a couple hours speaking in total. If you've got questions, concerns, or just want to ask about what to expect he's just a phone call away.

We hope to get back to Kauai again in the next year or so, and will be staying at Monk's again. The condo is wonderful, and Monk just makes the whole thing so hassle-free. Staying at a hotel just can't compare. We'd been at one of the high-end resorts on Oahu prior to our first stay at Monk's, and the experience with Monk's condo was just so much better.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The completely stress-free nature of the experience.
Liked least: Having to leave!
9 Mar 2016
Mahalo and Mahalo. Not much more that I can add. I appreciate your stays and that you leave the condo pristine each time. I also appreciate that you mentioned I do go out of my way to do all I can to make someones visit as enjoyable as possible. I look forward to having you back.
Alan S
San Diego, California
“Perfection of a Hawaiian getaway with EVERY possible comfort.”
Reviewed March 9, 2016 for a stay in September 2015

The site is, of course, spectacular as one might expect: ocean; beach; pool; beauty of Lihue and surrounding areas in Kauai; etc, However, the condo itself was the perfect place to stay - every conceivable amenity; no need to stock up on paper goods and various household sundries; lots of extras, like beautiful furnishings; all the "creature comforts" of home; etc. One slight issue for me personally was the seven or eight stairs, but it was manageable. The lush grounds and lawns provided much recreation - and relaxation.

9 Mar 2016
Mahalo. Yes this is my home when I am not traveling and I leave my guests everything, all my paper goods, soaps, laundry supplies, all my kitchen stuff, condiments, seasonings and so on. I leave all my beach stuff towels, chairs, cooler. I want it to be homey and relaxing. it is a second floor unit and there are one flight of stairs. But I am really glad that was not a major problem for you and thank you for leaving it in excellent condition. Your welcome back anytime.
YodaGuy
St Martin
“Price was hard to beat for everything we got.”
Reviewed March 9, 2016 for a stay in June 2015

Condo was as described and had everything we needed... good a/c, 2 TVs (so the wife and I could even watch different programs if we wanted), full kitchen, pots, pans, coffee maker, blender, toaster even filtered water. Bathroom had all we could need. Lots of  towels, hair dryer, first aid kit, Very homey and the island write-up they left us was very helpful.

The resort was nice with lagoons and a good pool, jacuzzi, tennis courts and the things you expect from a resort. Hotel gave 10% discount in the restaurant and the food was fair to good.

Beach was just a minute away. With the time difference I was up early to watch the sunrise there a few mornings. That was glorious. It’s very long beach that goes down to the Lydgate Park. The owner provided beach towels, cooler and chairs.

The location is quiet, but centrally located and Walmart, Safeway, Costco and Macys were only 5 to 10 minutes away.

All in all it was a great  vacation. Very relaxed, and the condo was a significant part of that. I would recommend it.

9 Mar 2016
Mahalo. I appreciated having you and how clean you left the condo. There is not much I can add you have said it all.
Teresa N
Arden Hills, Minnesota
“Comfort of home.......in paradise”
Reviewed March 7, 2016 for a stay in April 2015

The condo is welcoming and clean; roomy for two people; decorated tastefully. Coming equipped with kitchen and bathroom essentials allowed us to spend more time vacationing and less time shopping for groceries and paper products. The condo is on the second floor (so need to be able to climb stairs), and even though situated near the parking lot, the view from the lanai is tropical flowers and trees and well groomed grounds.

The condo is a very short walk to a dramatic beach scape, where, turning left, one can walk for hours barefoot on fine sand, enjoying the crashing of waves and spotting humpback whales in the distance. It is not a swimmable beach, (there are many nearby), but it is exceptionally beautiful.

The well maintained swimming pool and spa are close to the condo. This area comes equipped with grills that are easy to use. Next door to the villas is the beautiful Kauai Beach Hotel which provides excellent live music in the evening (Hawaiian guitar and singing), with full bar and food served. It is a short walk to the hotel and the scenery is lovely.

In essence, we do not have a single complaint. This was an incredibly relaxing, stress free two weeks spent in paradise. We truly felt at home here. The owner, Mounque, is an excellent communicator and provides any info on the condo (and Kauai) that one needs for a great stay. We will return!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the homey, comfortable, clean feel of the condo
Liked least: having to leave Hawaii
8 Mar 2016
Mahalo. I think yous said it all. it is my home and when I travel I rent it so you got to use and enjoy all my stuff, I put nothing away so every paper product, laundry soap, dish soap, bath supplies, kitchen condiments and seasonings I leave it all. The beach is 3 miles long and it goes all the way to Lydgate Park with it famous snorkeling and swimming rock walled in lagoon. I am really glad you enjoyed your self. The hotel gives a 10% discount on food for the condo guests.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing