Koa Kea Hotel & Resort
US$455
US$419
  • Pool
US$199
Garden Island Inn Hotel(Lihue)
US$185
US$386
US$309
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,309 results
All reviewsred saltsmall hotelour honeymoonnespresso machinepool barocean frontcontinental buffetpoipu beachsushi chefbreakfast packagemega resortsvalet guysturn down servicemacadamia nutsrain showerpartial ocean viewlawn area
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Koa Kea for three nights. It is very close to the ocean and right beside the Marriott's time-share property. It is conveniently located to Poipu Beach and Poipu Shopping Center. There is a smallish pool and poolside dining. The restaurant is one of the best on the south shore of Kauai. However, we were not entirely convinced of the sincerity of some of the staff....The interiors are new and modern with comfy beds. The downside is that despite this hotel's five-star rating, it has the look of a motel rather than a resort. Young people on vacation will love this place, but well-travelled older guests may wish they had stayed at one of the more seasoned resorts.

Room Tip: We wanted one of the deluxe ocean front rooms and were given an upgrade to an ocean suite which was a little disappointing - two small rooms do not feel as open and spacious as one large room. However, some visitors might like having a separate living room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz K
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am 56 with an extensive travel history. I got married this past Valentine's Day and we stayed at the Koa Kea for our honeymoon in March. It is now the end of April, and not a day has passed that I haven't wished that I was still at the Koa Kea. We will definitely be back. The most serene hotel stay that I have ever had. I do note that my wife has two boys, 6 and 9. We went on a "familymoon" with then just after our wedding. They would not have enjoyed the Koa Kea and the fact that there weren't kids running all over the place was one of the pluses--it is definitely not a family hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in an Ocean Front room (we missed the sound of the ocean for several nights after we returned home)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank STLOOEY
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is by far the best boutique hotel in Hawaii. Breakfast is excellent; the hotel is quiet; the rooms are nice (except for the low ceilings), everything is updated; the grounds are immaculate and the service is almost one on one. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Hawaii or on Kauai.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiff1519
Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed this hotel. We went for our anniversary. The hotel staff from the valet attendants to the bartender/wait staff were all very nice and made an effort to remember your name. The pool is great and the beach is close by. You can sit in a lounge chair and enjoy the pool behind you, but stare out to the ocean. Our room had a great view of the ocean, although was closer to the main part of the hotel. The room was perfect. Bed was very comfortable. Food at Red Salt restaurant was great as well. We enjoyed the bar area. All in all, we loved it! Would highly recommend and go again. In fact, the reason we booked was because of all the great reviews we saw on Trip Advisor!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Don't hesitate to book here. Royal service indeed and nothing to complain about. They take care of Everything .

• Stayed: February 2012