We have been going to Kiahuna Plantation for 18 years now, and have stayed there 7 times. We rent directly from an owner and when we get there we sign up only for towel service since garbage is at the end of each building.
If anything goes wrong in the condo, we call the office and it is immediately fixed. We got a new microwave when we were there.
Be sure to go to Koala Town and visit the Koala Fish Market for their plate lunches, their fresh ahi with wasabe cream sauce plate lunch is to die for. Also stop at the fruit market on the right side of the road on the way to Koala Town for best fresh pinnapple and other island fruits. The taco/burrito take out place across the street from fruit stand is excellent, that is where all the local workers and surfers go.
We stayed 10 days for $3000 (Included room, food, rental car, and airfare for 2 from Portland Oregon). As seniors (63 and 65), we love swimming on the beach then go over to the pool across the street for a dip and also a hot tub, then a drink for happy hour, wow, died and gone to heaven, soooo relaxing.
We love Kioki's Bar for food and drinks and eat breakfast in our rooms, and plate lunches for lunch, then go out, also the patio porch at the Kiahuna Plantation is a very romantic spot for dinner, we love it there, and often have appetizers and drinks, really feel like you are in hawaii. We also love snorkelling at the park next the Marriott, you can walk there by going through the Marriott.
Another romantic spot is the outside bar at night at the Sheraton, you can hear the music from inside, and sit in a cool breeze with the waves lapping against the rocks.
Can hardly wait to go back again. We love the floor level rooms because we can eat out on the patio. Love the open air air conditioning of the rooms. Such a peaceful lovely place. Enjoy!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai by Outrigger(R) is situated on a 35-acre oceanfront setting at Poipu Beach shaded by tall swaying palms and scented by fragrant plumeria blossoms. Play at the resort's swimming beach, dine at Plantation Gardens Restaurant, and tee off at Kiahuna Golf Club. The internationally-recognized orchid and succulent gardens are living legacies of this former plantation estate. Explore historic Koloa Town a few minutes away, drive west to Waimea Canyon, or east to Hanalei on the north shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Kiahuna Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation Hotel Poipu
- Outrigger Hotel Kiahuna Plantation
- Outrigger Hotel Koloa
- Outrigger Poipu
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Poipu, Kauai, HI