First, this property has a Koloa address but is on Poipu Beach. That confused me when looking at properties, because Koaloa Town in a few miles inland. By all rights, it should be listed with the rest of the Poipu rentals.
We had a great time, but we had a great unit. (Bldg. 24, Unit 162.) We had an postcard view of the impecabble grounds and the ocean behind them. That alone would have made it a worthwhile location for us. Our 1 bedroom unit was very clean and well maintanined, although the mattress, was way too soft for my back and, I suspect, past due for replacment. Not new by any stretch and not luxurious,it was nicely furnished with everything we needed. It did have a flat screen TV and cable, though we spent very little time watching TV. I would rather have had a better music source -- I have come to think of an iPod dock as pretty standard and really missed having something to listen to music on other than a clock radio/cd player. For me, this inexpensive update would have made a huge difference, but I know many wouldn't care. The kitchen was adequate and well equipped.
The real sell for us was the location: the grounds were absolutely beautiful, including both mature gardens and golf course-like lawns, and the beach is just a couple hundred yards away. The on-site restaurant there is great for a romantic or splurge meal. I'veread mixed reviews, but our dinner was delicious, and it's housed in the beautifully restored former home of the owner of the sugar plantation that oonce ccupied the land. Poipu Shopping Village, a short walk across the street, has assorted restaurants and shops you'd expect to find in a Hawaii resort town. Koloa Town has more of the same just a few miles away. I would return to this place in a heartbeat, so long as we got the ocean view -- which was well worth the additional cost..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai by Outrigger(R) is situated on a 35-acre oceanfront setting at Poipu Beach shaded by tall swaying palms and scented by fragrant plumeria blossoms. Play at the resort's swimming beach, dine at Plantation Gardens Restaurant, and tee off at Kiahuna Golf Club. The internationally-recognized orchid and succulent gardens are living legacies of this former plantation estate. Explore historic Koloa Town a few minutes away, drive west to Waimea Canyon, or east to Hanalei on the north shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Kiahuna Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation Hotel Poipu
- Outrigger Hotel Kiahuna Plantation
- Outrigger Hotel Koloa
- Outrigger Poipu
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Poipu, Kauai, HI