“Wish we could have stayed longer!”

Review of Makanui 612

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Dale9876
“Definitely not extra deluxe as advertised”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

We were very much looking forward to our 2 week stay at Poipu Kai resort and I must say the resort is lovely. There are beautiful gardens, a quiet pool, tennis, and close proximity to the beach. The condo itself was a disappointment especially the kitchen and bathrooms. Both the tub and shower stall had mould, There were bugs in the ceiling lights which were rusty as well. The kitchen and bathroom cupboards were mid 80s vintage and had lost their finish. The dishwasher and stove were old and rusty. The wooden salad bowls were clearly from the 80s and had been in the dishwasher far too often. The one skillet had a very loose handle which I was afraid would fall off. The lamp shades had watermarks and when i unplugged a lamp, the plug broke it was so old. Seems like the rug had been replaced in the last 5 years and the ceiling fans were newer and worked well. The beds were comfortable which was a blessing. The internet was plug in (no WiFi) so we couldn't use the iPads. We had a lot of rain in the time we were in Kauai so we spent a lot of time in the condo and having updated surroundings would have made our stay much better.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The resort and location
Liked least: the condition of the condo
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Families with young children
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
29 Aug 2014
Aloha Dale9876,

It sounds like you really enjoyed our lovely Poipu Kai Resort with its beautiful gardens, quiet pool and nearby beach. Many of our condos on Kauai have been decorated in the classic island style that is reminiscent of a simpler, less hectic era. This, hopefully, helps you step back in time as you leave the work-a-day world behind. We also have a very responsive staff at Suite Paradise. Our housekeeping and maintenance departments are always available to you during your stay. You only have to contact our front desk and they will send the appropriate personnel to your condo. We hope to see you again soon in our remote little corner of the world.

Liz Parisi
manager@suite-paradise.com
Vancouver BC
Reviewed February 19, 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

Management Response
12 Sep 2014
Aloha Dale,

This review appears to be a duplicate of the one that is written above it. Please refer to that review for Suite Paradise's response. Thank you for submitting your thoughts.

Liz Parisi

Reviewed March 15, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Vancouver
Reviewed March 7, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Redwood City CA
Reviewed January 5, 2012 for a stay in January 2012

Check-in / front desk
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing