“Well worth the wait”
Review of Anuenue Cafe

Anuenue Cafe
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Description: Family owned and operated Cafe. We serve only the best food and Kauai Roastery Coffee. Our menu features organic, local, fresh ingredients like Makaweli Beef, Anahola Granola, Kauai Roastery Coffee, and all the local fruit and produce we can find. Breakfast 7 days a week, dinners @5pm Thursday through Sunday. Eat with aloha!
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

When me and my wife got walked by there wasn't any tables left (suppose that was a good sign of the food quality), but after not too long a wait we were seated and soon tucking in to a delicious breakfast of pulled pork eggs benedict. Tasted so good and all the staff were really friendly and helpful. Would definitely go back there for more

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 4, 2018

My boyfriend and I were only in Kauai for 8 days but we at at the Anuenue Cafe three times because we thought it was so good. There was always a short wait (10-20 minutes) to get a table, and once we were seated at a picnic table that was sort of a restaurant seating annex, but we didn't mind because the food was so amazing. We loved the Surfer Bowl (rice, beans, two eggs, salsa; get it with the Kahlua pork and avocado), the Tube Ride (french toast with lemon curd and berry coulis), and the Papaya on the Half (half a papaya filled with Greek yogurt and fresh fruit; get it with the granola and honey -- so good!). The food came out surprisingly fast and service was pretty good.

1  Thank mariposita_pdx
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Great breakfast. Everything on the menu was excellent. Would have eaten there every day except the lines are long and the prices on the high side. But worth trying at least once.

Reviewed September 24, 2018

It's worth the wait. Good portions of delicious food. Interesting seating. Housemade hollandaise sauce - delish.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

After a chance meeting with owners John, chef, and Michele, my wife and I had to try out their restaurant for breakfast. I am an eggs Benedict freak and know a good one when I taste one. After hearing about his house made hollandaise, tomato jam, and bacon Benedict we had to try the place. We were warned it is very busy and to maybe come around 11am. We arrived at 10am and found it busy, no surprise, signed up outside and cruised the nearby shops for about 20 minutes. Food was fabulous, Anuenue Benedict is to die for! A light hollandaise, crisp bacon bits, and tomato jam is an amazing combination, just a touch of sweetness, the jam I think. Our server, Dakota, was great, answered all our questions and really made an effort to get to know us. We love that. We travel to Kauai every year for the weather, water, and rainbows. Now we have one more reason to come back, and we will for sure. I've seen complaints about the wait time, if the food wasn't so darn good maybe the line would be shorter. I was going to include a picture of my meal, but after one bite, I couldn't stop eating! John and Michele, thanks for a great breakfast.

Date of visit: September 2018
Michelle A, Owner at Anuenue Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

So wonderful to have met you! Thanks for the stellar review and see you next time! Warmest aloha, John & Michelle =)

Been to Anuenue Cafe? Share your experiences!