Our stay at the Grand Hyatt was by far my best experience ever at a resort hotel. Located next to Poipu Beach near (but not in sight of) the other south shore Kauai resorts, the Hyatt boasts scenic shoreline and the diving cliff at Shipwreck Beach, along with a man-made river and lagoon on site. It's ideal for families, couples, and partyers alike.
We had a beachfront room with lovely views, and there simply is nothing in the world – NOTHING – like opening the sliding glass door to one’s room and going to bed and waking up to the sound of the waves crashing outside. We’ll never forget that experience. Likewise, we capped every evening and began every morning sitting on the balcony having a drink or coffee while thoroughly enjoying the sight and wound of the waves and the gentle Hawaiian breeze.
Also memorable, every single employee of the Grand Hyatt, from housekeepers to bartenders, from front desk staff to groundskeepers, unfailingly greet guests with a sincere smile and a hello or aloha, and often they ask how you’re enjoying your stay. Their genuine warmth and pleasant greetings made our stay that much sweeter. I’ve stayed at several of Hyatt’s competitors – Westin and Sheraton come to mind – where you’re lucky if a single employee smiles and greets you warmly. The Hyatt is utterly spotless, and the attention to detail is simply unrivaled in my experience.
There are many dining options at the hotel, all predictably expensive. We bypassed the more popular and even more pricey Donderos and Tidepools, not wishing to take out a second mortgage to pay to eat there, instead having a meal at each of the Ilima Terrace and Poipu Bay Clubhouse on site. Both provided very good food, even if both were quite overpriced. Twenty bucks for an omelette and a five-spot for coffee? Out of sheer hunger and with few other options very late one night we ordered a $17 room service pizza and were presented with what had to have been a cheap frozen pizza. Do what you must to not need room service.
Overall, a truly wonderful experience and a recommended hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu, HI