This was our third trip to Kauai but first time to the Grand Hyatt. We went for a conference(Wilderness Medicine) which was excellent, but staying at the Grand Hyatt made it all the better. We had a great room that had both an ocean view and a garden view, the 2000 wing. The balcony had a tables and chairs, a screen door allowed the breeze into the room but when the glass door was closed there was complete silence, a nice touch. The room overlooked the Thursday night Luau site, which was fabulous. We watched the people and the entertainment. A really night event. We really enjoyed the pool system. There is a saltwater lagoon with lounge chairs and even kayaks. Children really like this and they are ever present in the lower chlorine pool, which has a water slide. it was nice to retreat to the adult pool high above the other pools. The gardens are amazing and lush with waterfalls in too many places to count. The interior lobby is vast and open. Everyone is greeted with an Aloha and a lei. During the day there are pet parrots on display in the atrium. The beach is nothing to write home about , in fact other than having the view,eh?
We were so relaxed by the fifth day that we were asked if we were locals several times!
A great place to spoil your butt rotten.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu, HI