7,421 results
All reviews lazy river salt water lagoon ilima terrace poipu wing tidepools restaurant stevenson's library our honeymoon adult pool breakfast buffet tide pools pool area four seasons shipwreck beach self parking beautiful property sushi open air
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Our flight was delayed so Delta set us up here for the night. So much to do. Great for family or there is even a pool for all adults. Spread out over 60 acres I believe they told us. So you are not right up on the other guests. There is swimming with Dolphins and water bikes and paddle boats and an area that has a slide etc etc etc. Several great restaurants and thats all on site. You can walk from the hotel just minutes to some of the best shopping on the island. You should really see the island but you wouldnt have to either

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017

My partner and I headed to Kauai to celebrate my 40th birthday. I originally had booked a condo because I could get right a nice place right on the ocean for a lot cheaper. However as our trip approached, I decided I really wanted a resort experience on my first trip to Hawaii and so we splurged to get a room at the Hyatt. I am so glad we did.

•We stayed in the building overlooking the pool area – 6th floor (6127). We had booked a partial ocean view room and what is what we got. A great view of the lush grounds and pools, with the ocean in the background. We had a private deck with a small table and two chairs. Perfect for our needs, having a coffee in the morning while relaxing or reading a book.
•The room itself was nice and clean. Very simple, but had everything we needed. Same with the bathroom, with the exception of a bidet. I never knew I wanted one of these, but I do now. I struggle with using a regular old toilet since back home.
•The common areas and lush well landscaped grounds were stunning. Let’s be honest, this is why one chooses to stay here. The pools, lazy river and saltwater lagoons (all open 24 hours) are perfect ways to lounge around and enjoy the beautiful resort. At the recreation desk, you can rent or buy tube and rafts to use in the pools. I think an adult tube was like $13 or so. Not bad for being on a resort for a whole week.
•Some extras (which are not extra): self-parking is free, wi-fi is free, reusable water bottles are provided which can be used throughout the resort for free water. Free sunblock is even available at the registration desk in case you forget yours.
•We only ate breakfast at the hotel. Most days we ate at the Seaview Terrance. They offer coffee, pastries and small grab and go items - all while overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It served it’s purpose for something quick and portable and the views were incredible. We did eat at the Illima Terrace once. My partner got the breakfast buffet and I ordered the eggs benedict. We both loved our meals. In fact my eggs benedict was one of the best I have ever had.
•The staff we dealt it (from check-in, to food service to our sweet maid Feny) were top notch. All were super friendly, helpful and very pleasant to deal with.
•Our ONLY complaint was that we chose to stay here (and paid accordingly) to use the resorts pools and amenities. We continually ran into people in the pools / lagoons that were not staying there. I have no idea how to monitor this better other than enforcing the use of the wristbands for hotel guests. We had wristbands, but there were many who did not, and we never saw anyone stopped once.

If you are considering staying here, I have to say the property is simply amazing. And for so many reasons, it’s worth it - you have just about everything you could ask for and more at your fingertips. Comfortable rooms, stunning landscapes, wonderful pools and several great dining options. My only caveat on this is, if you are not planning on hanging at the hotel very much, the cost may not be worth it. But if you do plan on spending time relaxing at the resort, it’s worth every penny. It was an amazing experience that helped make this trip even more memorable.

Room tip: Seek a top floor room overlooking the pool area.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank JTF_1977
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Expensive but worth every penny! We stayed here for our anniversary, the service was exceptional, the grounds were emasculate, the location was central to other areas on the island. The spa was amazing, the customer service was superb, it was not crowded even though it was at capacity, water park and pool areas were delightful - wish I never had to come back home! Would definitely recommend if it's in your budget

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Great hotel. If you are a outdoors person there are some Legit fun hikes right off the back of the property even for the newest novice. Also we had to stay a couple extra days because the hurricane in Fl canceled our flight and the hotel manager gave us the Lowe’s rate they offer anyone. Real talk I recommend eating off property most days and don’t buy any Koa wood jewelry on property it’s more that half the price in the shops in town. I can’t wait to go back.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Beautiful property with amazing pool area to relax and swim. Pleasant employees. Rooms are nicely done and spacious. Special thanks to Jacob at the front desk for the nice upgrade to an ocean view and to Ronald who took care of getting us a "changing room" after we checked out and stayed to use the facilities until our plane left. Hope to return again and stay longer!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family