US$299
US$232
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$283/night.

US$224
US$309
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsyogurtb bsold hawaiiother guestsroad to hanahawaiian hometripadvisor reviewsother travelershot breakfastwonderful stayold charmminutes from the airporthawaiian historyearly risersturn of the centurylovely tropical settingfamily style
Reviewed July 5, 2017

Maui is a paradise, staying at the Haiku Plantation Inn makes it even better. We spent a memorable week there and loved it. Location, location, location- you can reach any part of the island in an hour, it's only a couple of minutes off the Hana Highway. Sandy, Wes and Eno were excellent hosts. Their knowledge of the island is suburb. Fresh fruit picked on the grounds for breakfast. A huge mango tree outside the door, just reach up and pick a snack. Comfortable airy rooms and spacious common areas. We even loved waking up to red jungle fowl in the morning, you can't get that in the walled-in sanitized resorts.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Plumeria Suite which was bright and airy with windows on two walls.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jack B
MauiTravels, Owner at Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

We so enjoyed having you two here and thank you for taking the time to review. The mango tree is so full right now and we are planning sorbet and ice cream for guests this week.

I would just like to mention that these guests were in the same room as the review prior. Perspective is often different between people and that is what makes the world a wonderful adventure! Mahalo for mentioning how wonderful it was and airy the rooms so others can compare the observations.

See you soon we hope! Safe travels to you both.

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

We were looking for an affordable spot at a good location for couple nights since we had packed days planned starting with sunrise at Haleakela and this was perfect!
Location is great its really in the middle of everything as opposed all other hotels being on the west side.
House is cute and well maintained. Sandy was very helpful for all touristic questions and was a great host to us.
Couple things to note-
Towels weren't so clean even the second batch we asked for had some random spots on them. There is no AC so rooms can get really hot at night. Breakfast is simple and convenient at 8am - fruits from the garden, yogurt, bagel/toast and coffee. (We only made it once since we left before 8am every morning)

If you need a nice and easy spot during your stay and you don't plan on spending much time at a hotel Haiku Inn will do the trick!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Aloha and thank you for the time to review. I am glad you found us convenient and helpful. We have not heard any issues with towels and do replace often, and cross check when folding. Unfortunately I was dealing with an injury those couple of days . There was new help folding so something could have slipped through but that is a rare case. We have already retrained and feel confident that will handle any problem.

AC is not often used on this side of the island as we receive the tradewinds. If the windows are simply left open with the ceiling fans on, we stay quite comfortable. This way guests can enjoy the fresh air and island lifestyle. We just feel locking up a 150 year old home with closed windows defeats the purpose of being in the country and receive positive comment often about keeping it real. If AC is a must, we suggest Kihei or Lahaina side where it is hotter and hotels have AC but not all condo rentals. Thanks for letting us respond and please just speak to us when you are on property and any issues will be handled immediately. Mahalo

Reviewed June 8, 2017

Having never been to Maui AND traveling alone, I was pleasantly surprised to see a personal written greeting right at the front door. For me The Plantation Inn was the perfect setting. It made me feel like the Hawaii I dreamed of .... surrounded by vegetation and a homelike atmosphere. Not commercial in any way. The owner, Sandy sent directions and history of the Inn before I began my travels so I would know what to expect. Sandy was (is) friendly and willing to chat and offer information about the surrounding area. I felt so comfortable there that I took some of her Hawaiian history books out to the "veranda" to read and relax in the peaceful surroundings. My room and private bath was tastefully decorated and offered all that I needed. Breakfast each morning consisted of a variety of fruits, breads, bagels, juices, coffee ..... all tastefully presented. The location of the Inn was perfect for accessing the Road to Hana or heading the opposite direction to Paia and the rest of the island. Plenty of beaches within 10-15 drive. While there I found a place to zipline only 10 minutes away! I LOVED my stay at the Haiku Plantation Inn. The only thing I did not like was having to leave!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank sherryoconnell128
MauiTravels, Owner at Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2017

Aloha, It was great having you with us. We love to add the little touches to make a traveler feel comfortable when you arrive. We also send a welcome letter which helps future guests know a little bit more about us, a bit of important info when planning activity trips, and about our immediate local area. Thanks so much for mentioning this. We are looking forward to your next visit and hopefully that will be soon, as you definitely found your Maui spirit. Mahalo for taking time to review us.

Reviewed May 20, 2017

This B&B was exactly as the TripAdvisor reviews had described: a comfortable restored plantation house in upcountry Maui, convenient to both the road to Hana, and to the Haleakala downhill bicycle tour, both of which were on my bucket list for this trip. Beautiful well-maintained outside grounds with a variety of tropical and subtropical flora, and inviting common areas. The room with comfortable bed and bath, and free WiFi of excellent bandwidth. Continental breakfast was very good: especially liked the fresh fruit and banana bread. Didn't get to meet the famous Sandy, who was away during my stay, but her staff was friendly and courteous, and did well by me. Only downsides were the lack of privacy curtains for the bedroom windows, and the road noise: was awakened at 0400 on one morning by heavy trucks on this road.

This is a great place for early risers like myself: here in the country, the many roosters will remind you that dawn has broken. Not a place I'd suggest for folks who like to sleep in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Roskolnikov
MauiTravels, Owner at Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2017

Aloha. Apologies for being away however everyone has family emergencies time to time. Wes and the staff are wonderful hosts, on the rare occasion I am away. Thanks for mentioning them.

In reference to the curtains comment, all rooms have curtains on all their windows. Those are even visible in our room photos. I am not sure how that comment could be made unless the guest just did not close their curtains. We of course have them open upon arrival.

Chickens... We are rural and Maui as a whole has jungle fowl which is not unique to just our area but they do live island wide. It is part of Hawaii's charm. Lastly, It is very unusual for a large truck traveling early so most likely this could have been an early morning emergency call with a fire truck or electric truck for line repair responding to an accident for safety. But it certainly is not anything normal.

Mahalo

Reviewed March 30, 2017

Beautiful plantation house set in the lush surroundings of the Haiku area. They have beautiful rooms, lovely main room and warm and inviting staff. They made me feel at home and were very welcoming. I would have loved to stay here longer!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank lahalvorsen
MauiTravels, Owner at Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Mahalo for allowing us to be your hosts. We appreciate the mention of the grounds and how beautiful the old home is; so others can appreciate vintage can be lovely and well maintained. We will see you again sometime soon we hope back here in Haiku. Where live is good and pace is slower.