“Ramen does not taste like anything....why the line up?”
Review of Ramen-Ya

Ramen-Ya
Ranked #54 of 150 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 January 2017

We had to wait around 35 to 40 minutes to get into this reastaurant and that was a good sign...or so I thought! The food came and the ramen is lacking in any kind of flavor at all! The fried rice is the same...bland! Makes one wonder why there is a line up at this place. Maybe because they are the only restaurant that is not a fast food in this mall? There are much much better ramen places...and for sure, this is not one of them.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

Ramen Ya is located in a mall (so it's easy to find parking) and has great food and service. We had a ramen dish and a chicken stir-fry but we could have honestly split one of these dishes as the portions were quite large. We also came at a time when the restaurant was giving away free gyoza (dumplings) with any meal purchased which gave us even more food. The gyoza was by far the highlight of our visit so there are no complaints on this end. For those that like regular iced tea, be sure to ask for it specifically. We ended up with a rather sweet raspberry tea that we were not expecting. Overall it was a good visit, the food is good, and it's best to go hungry!

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

For $28 dollars the photo reflects the inexpensive yet yummy food. Ordered the mochiko chicken, chicken katsu with a flavorful brown gravy curry, shrimp fried rice and the famous goyza nice and crispy. The only thing we could complain is that the mochiko chicken was lacking a sweet flavor but still perfectly moist and crunchy. The ramen miso soup base is my personal choice and I would recommend trying the dumplings instead of ramen. The service was very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

This location is very convenient to Maui International Airport and popped up when I Googled Udan Noodles. I needed to get a quick lunch before I checked in and this was a perfect answer. There is no ambiance, just tables, a counter and good food. I will definitely return next time I am on Maui.

Reviewed 9 September 2016

We went here for lunch before our flight back to the mainland on a Tuesday afternoon. It was a little difficult to find with the tripadvisor app...the restaurant is a small storefront inside the mall at the end of the first channel from the main entrance. It was very crowded. Fortunately, we got a seat pretty quickly. The menu has a large variety. I wish there was a little more description about how much food comes with each dish...we each ordered a noodle dish and they were both gigantic portions. I had the seafood ramen, which had some fish and about 8 small shrimp, and my husband had the gyoza ramen with pork. The noodles were good. The broth didn't have much flavor. The service was fast. Not sure we would make a special trip to go back.