“Heaven for vegetarians or vegan”
Review of Down To Earth

Down To Earth
Ranked #11 of 150 Restaurants in Kahului
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Nice place to shop but their spicy taro burger was a killer. Awesome food. I wouldn't recommend some of the open kept items but definitely their down to earth burger was awesome.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

This place is right by the airport & easy to find. I had the veggie burger & it was delicious. Also pretty big in size! You order at the deli area, pay at the register then sit outside or upstairs.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

I was on a search for vegetarian musubi... My friends have raved about musubi on their trips to Hawaii and I didn't want to miss out.

Down to Earth was the only place I found Tofu Musubi during my whole trip. I bought it right before embarking on the Road to Hana, which is a 2-3 hour road trip with very limited vegetarian options.

Tofu Musubi eats like a sandwich. It's a nori wrapped rice with a piece of teriyaki tofu in the middle. Down to Earth sells them warm. But I ate it later on at room temperature and it tasted great. My friend tells me musubis are typically served in Hawaii as a snack, picnic food. Pair it with something sweet, like a banana, and you're set.

The salad/food bar is awesome... super varied and all the food delicious. The Kombucha on tap is also something you need to try.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

This is a grocery store full of the kind of food we eat; organic, fresh, gluten free, sustainable, tasty, local. They also have a hot food bar for a great meal. The potatoes were excellent!

Reviewed 24 March 2016

This "Health Food" market is huge and has an incredible selection of everything you would expect to find in a supermarket. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly making this a nice "down to earth" place to shop. They have a great selection of nuts for butter creation that ensures really fresh spreads.