“Extremely Disappointed”

Wailea Massage and Body Care
Ranked #2 of 40 Spas & Wellness in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Wailea Massage & Body Care serving Maui since 1989. Outside, Partial Ocean View Massage for Couples side by side and singles with Lava Flow--warm stones. Facials, Wraps and Combos. Island Wide Out Calls Available. Formerly in Renaissance Wailea Beach Resort (20 yrs.) and Maui Inter-Continental Resort (10 yrs.) Quality Services in a smaller day spa, more personalized setting.
Reviewed March 13, 2018

This place is NOT as described. My husband and I wanted a couples massage. Based on the trip advisor reviews and where it showed up in Google searches we choose this place.

Their website did NOT say it was at a private residence which is very misleading. It was also misleading in that their website said there was an ocean view. There was NOT an ocean view. It was also outside on their porch, not a private Lanai as their website states. There is nothing private about this place.

My husband wanted to cancel as soon as we pulled into the small carport but we would have lost the money since it was less than 24 hour cancellation. The massage took place on the porch (not a Lanai as the website states) and we heard neighbors getting in and out of their cars throughout the ENTIRE massage along with construction work on the street.

We also paid extra for the hot stone massage. My husbands tberapist used the stones in his massage but my therapist used them for approximately 10 strokes and then left them in my hands. Very disappointing.

The bathroom sink and counter needed cleaning. They had curtains for "privacy" but they did not cover the entire viewing area - had anyone walked up onto the porch, we would have been seen. While i was in the bathroom undressing, they told my husband to just undress on the other side of the room, that they would turn around and not look. (They had given us sarongs to cover up with to walk to the porch)

We paid $300 for this massage with taxes NOT including tip. The money could have been better spent at a resort. This place is the one and only regret of our trip unfortunately. Second regret was that I didn't take the time to read all the reviews on tripadvisor. (Many of the positive reviews on here have to be false as there is no way this place is voted one of the best on Maui.)

I will be notifying the Hawaii chamber of commerce and the Better Business Bureau about this company's misleading website description.

3  Thank DH_Traveler01
"laines"
"maui"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed October 16, 2017

While on our Honeymoon in Maui my husband and I wanted to treat ourselves to a morning massage. After doing lots of research we decided on Wailea Massage and Body Care and we are so glad we did! Unlike many of the large hotel brands in the area there is no spa with baths and rooms and all the fluff, but that isn't needed because the ladies here offer a one of a kind massage experience. The location is cozy and simple being that its in a residential area, but what the space lacks in 'fluff' it makes up for with its massages (which is why you're there in the first place) We both received the best massages either of us has ever had. I felt like jello on the table when it was finished. This was truly an experience we will never forget! Thank you!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Based on the reviews this did not turn out to be what I'd expected. It's in a very small house. There's a massage table inside when you enter that takes up most of the room and then a couple of tables on a pretty narrow side porch. I was outside. The practitioner who worked on me was OK, but nothing great, I paid $145 for an 80 minute lomi lomi massage which isn't all that much cheaper than the hotel ones.

1  Thank CrisPopenoe
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Wailea Massage is unlike any other place I've been to. It is a totally different atmosphere because it is not inside a hotel and it just feels more personal and peaceful as soon as you walk in. i liked that it is separate and set apart, more of a "boutique-like" feel as it is in a residential area. As a result, I went away feeling like I was the only one there while I was getting one of the best massage/facial combo's I have ever experienced. Really a must if you come to Maui and are looking for a more personalized massage experience.