“Great value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kihei
Waiohuli Beach Hale
Ranked #37 of 61 Speciality Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed 5 September 2009

We got a great price on our rental so I wasn't sure what to expect, pulling into the complex I was a little nervous. It doesn't look like much from the parking lot but once we stepped inside we were happy with our choice. The condo was super clean and the grounds are very well taken care of. For the price I wasn't expecting the common areas to be so nice. The pool was great and the garden area is beautiful. You can tell they really want to keep the grounds in the best shape possible. For the price it can't be beat.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MomWhoLovesTheSun

Reviewed 2 April 2009

I have stayed at the Waiohuli many times and in various different condos. Some are nicely appointed and some are in need of upgrades that the owners could only be called cheap in not providing (I'm thinking specifically of a couch on the ground floor of the North building. You know who you are.)
I love the location of this complex.
Firstly, it is on the ocean so a nice leisurly ocean stroll is just outside. Also, there is a nice shopping complex next door that is complete with just about everything you'll need. There is even a McDonald's just up the road on the way out of town towards Lahaina that is handy for the early morning breakfast stop on your way to your snorkelling trip in Lahaina.
Also to mention is that Kihei rent a car is within walking distance. They will either rent you a car from their home base in Kihei or they will pick you up at the airport with advance notice at no extra charge. Kihei car rentals also offers a few "ugly duckling" cars for rent at a reduced price for those of you who don't want to troll around Maui looking like a tourist. I try to keep my $ local and rent from Kihei rent a car. They're nice people, check out their website.
As for the "feel" of the Waiohuli, the grounds are immaculately kept and the pool is always clean. The complex is quiet with many of the occupants being people who live in their condos. The laundry room is always handy and you'll find books free books there to read there as well.
Condo units that stand out in my memory that I have stayed in are # 205 which is on the second floor at the end of the North building and is a nice, quiet place to stay. But the best at Waiohuli is # 227. It directly faces the beach at the end of the South building, is very nicely appointed, and is quiet. 227 is worth the extra money in my opinion. If you don't want to splurge, go for # 205.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank daisyfl0wer
Reviewed 24 July 2008

Condo was right on the beach. Grounds were beautiful and conveniently located. 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit was very spacious and the kitchen had all the necessities. Decor was outdated, but the unit was clean. Overall this was a great value and nice place.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank MerWineland
Reviewed 30 November 2007

We stayed at the Waiohuli Beach Hale in Kihei Maui from Nov. 5th to the 12th 2007. The unit we rented was #110. We reserved the unit through AA Oceanfront Condo Rentals in Kihei, which we've used before.
Note, all of the units are individually owned, so this review is for this unit only.
This is a very quiet complex. I believe a lot of the units are owner occupied. I did not see any children in the complex while I was there, which was nice. There were a lot of older couples.
This was one of the cleanest, nicest units! Everything looks as if it's been remodeled. The entire unit has new tile, and the kitchen is completely remodeled with a nice arch and beautiful blue tile. It was stocked with towels, linnens, everything you'd need in the kitchen too as far as applicances and dishes/cookware.
The bathrooms were nice and clean. There are AC units in the front room and both bedrooms that work very well. They even have remotes. There is a TV, CD/DVD player in the front room. The only complaint was that the beds were pretty hard.

As far as the grounds, they are very well taken care of. There is an onside manager who is always working on something. He's out there every morning rinsing the pool area and bbq area down so it's nice and clean. The pool is fabulous. It's dark blue tile, so it stays nice and warm. It's huge too! There is a BBQ area with lots of benches and 3 BBQ's. (There is a grocery store within walking distance) There's also a shuffleboard setup. The whole property is so well taken care of. The yard is HUGE! The grass is so thick and soft.

All in all, the place is amazing. I'd stay there over and over.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank Sara R
Reviewed 2 August 2007

Stayed at Waiohuli Beach Hale in Unit A101. The moment we arrived we feel in love with the place and the condo. The owner did a great job in remodeling the condo. The color scheme through out the unit is great. And the decor is beautiful. The kitchen was well equip with every thing you could imagine. We just love the king size bed in the master and there were 2 double beds in the guest bedroom instead of the usual single beds. That was awesome. We love sitting out on the lanai and watching the sunset every evening. We found the grounds to be well taken cared of. I would recommend this place and unit to anyone. The grocery store was close by where you can just walk to it. The best part is if you have a late flight out they won't charge you extra for a late check out like some other places. We would like to thank the owner for a wonderful place to stay. It's all we were looking for a much, much more.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2007

Waiohuli is an incredible spot. Stayed there many times. However stay only in the "Courtyard" area around the pool area and away from the street. The advertised #202 is in a really bad location. The advertised mountain view out your front door is actually the parking lot to main road. The roar of the industrial cooler from the market just across the street will keep you awake at night unless you close all your windows. No curtains in living area and sun will blast you out even with the cheesy air conditioner in the room. This particular condo is a rip-off and is not as advertised! Beware!!!!!!! Don't risk this one!

9  Thank jwmaui
Reviewed 5 April 2006

We stayed in unit 118 -- ground floor in Building D in the middle of the building. Second floor might be quieter as the bedroom backed onto the walkway. I am an early riser so it wasn't a huge issue. I agree with the previous reviews: the unit needs a little updating, it is clean, serviceable but tired. Not the most comfortable bed for a 210 lb guy and his 145 lb wife. Tried out the sofa bed but it was even more uncomfortable. Got used to the bed after a few nights. TV with lots of cable channels but no video or DVD. I am not a fan of wall to wall carpet in the tropics. No A/C but fans in living room and bedroom. It was fine when we were there. Nice cross ventilation. THe kitchen had many dishes and utensils but not a lot of staples such as oil, sugar, etc. It was clean, quiet and the grounds were well tended. I forgot about the fake ducks until we got there -- ha! My husband thought the fountains would look neater (less cluttered) without them. Pool was great! shallow (max. 4.5 ft) but very nice. On the sunny days, it was very warm in the afternoons but never too warm. It's solar heated, so it was apparently cold during the rainy spell. It was lovely to fry on the deck chairs and then take a dip in the pool. Very nice, friendly older crowd both the visitors and the permanent residents. Some families with children. Was on the beach, not across from the beach like in south Kihei. Centrally located for grocery, shopping, ice cream, restaurants, bars, beaches and everything else on the island especially if you use the money you save on accommodation to get a rental car -- ~$150/week. We would definitely stay again. It was excellent value for the price but not for you if you want room service, maid service or any other service. It reminded me of the motels with kitchens we used to stay at on road trip holidays with my family. Good times!

• Stayed: March 2006