All reviewscondo complexproperty managerlarge poolthe kitchenthe ground floorentire complexeach eveningliving roomwalking distancequiet at nightshuffle boardsouth kiheiwatch the sunsetkihei areacoffee makerbeautiful groundsview of the ocean
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We stayed in Unit 101A. The owner of this unit is great. He stopped by to see if everything was okay. There was a welcome basket for us when we got there. Everything we needed was there. We will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank nikkerbok
Reviewed September 5, 2009

We got a great price on our rental so I wasn't sure what to expect, pulling into the complex I was a little nervous. It doesn't look like much from the parking lot but once we stepped inside we were happy with our choice. The condo was super clean and the grounds are very well taken care of. For the price I wasn't expecting the common areas to be so nice. The pool was great and the garden area is beautiful. You can tell they really want to keep the grounds in the best shape possible. For the price it can't be beat.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MomWhoLovesTheSun
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I have stayed at the Waiohuli many times and in various different condos. Some are nicely appointed and some are in need of upgrades that the owners could only be called cheap in not providing (I'm thinking specifically of a couch on the ground floor of the North building. You know who you are.)
I love the location of this complex.
Firstly, it is on the ocean so a nice leisurly ocean stroll is just outside. Also, there is a nice shopping complex next door that is complete with just about everything you'll need. There is even a McDonald's just up the road on the way out of town towards Lahaina that is handy for the early morning breakfast stop on your way to your snorkelling trip in Lahaina.
Also to mention is that Kihei rent a car is within walking distance. They will either rent you a car from their home base in Kihei or they will pick you up at the airport with advance notice at no extra charge. Kihei car rentals also offers a few "ugly duckling" cars for rent at a reduced price for those of you who don't want to troll around Maui looking like a tourist. I try to keep my $ local and rent from Kihei rent a car. They're nice people, check out their website.
As for the "feel" of the Waiohuli, the grounds are immaculately kept and the pool is always clean. The complex is quiet with many of the occupants being people who live in their condos. The laundry room is always handy and you'll find books free books there to read there as well.
Condo units that stand out in my memory that I have stayed in are # 205 which is on the second floor at the end of the North building and is a nice, quiet place to stay. But the best at Waiohuli is # 227. It directly faces the beach at the end of the South building, is very nicely appointed, and is quiet. 227 is worth the extra money in my opinion. If you don't want to splurge, go for # 205.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank daisyfl0wer
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Condo was right on the beach. Grounds were beautiful and conveniently located. 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit was very spacious and the kitchen had all the necessities. Decor was outdated, but the unit was clean. Overall this was a great value and nice place.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MerWineland
Reviewed November 30, 2007

We stayed at the Waiohuli Beach Hale in Kihei Maui from Nov. 5th to the 12th 2007. The unit we rented was #110. We reserved the unit through AA Oceanfront Condo Rentals in Kihei, which we've used before.
Note, all of the units are individually owned, so this review is for this unit only.
This is a very quiet complex. I believe a lot of the units are owner occupied. I did not see any children in the complex while I was there, which was nice. There were a lot of older couples.
This was one of the cleanest, nicest units! Everything looks as if it's been remodeled. The entire unit has new tile, and the kitchen is completely remodeled with a nice arch and beautiful blue tile. It was stocked with towels, linnens, everything you'd need in the kitchen too as far as applicances and dishes/cookware.
The bathrooms were nice and clean. There are AC units in the front room and both bedrooms that work very well. They even have remotes. There is a TV, CD/DVD player in the front room. The only complaint was that the beds were pretty hard.

As far as the grounds, they are very well taken care of. There is an onside manager who is always working on something. He's out there every morning rinsing the pool area and bbq area down so it's nice and clean. The pool is fabulous. It's dark blue tile, so it stays nice and warm. It's huge too! There is a BBQ area with lots of benches and 3 BBQ's. (There is a grocery store within walking distance) There's also a shuffleboard setup. The whole property is so well taken care of. The yard is HUGE! The grass is so thick and soft.

All in all, the place is amazing. I'd stay there over and over.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Sara R