“Awesome time!”

Makena Coast Dive Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Scuba Diving, Scuba Boat Charters, Kihei, Wailea, Lahaina, Molokini, Humpback Whales, Dolphins, Underwater Photography & Video classes PADI Daily from Kihei Small Boat Harbor
Mentor, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome time!”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We had a great time with Makena. The dive crew was the best. And we saw a pod of dolphins on the second dive which was a bucket list item for my wife. Benha the Dave Master and a renown photographer and Travis the captain were a very friendly. We plan to come back in next and will definitely call to dive with them a few days next year.

Visited March 2012

Bellevue, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“While on Maui dive with Makena Coast Dive Charters”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I visit Maui at least once per year and typically dive with charter services out of Kihei, the south side of the island, and Lahaina on the north/west side of the island. This year during February and March I once again visited Maui and was fortunate enough to be able to dive with Makena Coast Dive Charters, a dive operation out of Kihei that specializes in small size group charters. During my vacation to Maui I took five dive trips, each a two tank trip, with Makena Coast Dive Charters and all of the dive trips were fun, interesting and, most importantly, super safe. All of my dives were expertly led by Benja, one of Maui's coolest, fun and most caring characters. Benja made sure that all of the divers on the trip had a great time; he went out of his way to check everyone's gear below deck at the start of the dive and to insure that everyone on the dive saw the cool and unique sea life. On one dive, we saw a beautiful dragon moray eel and multiple white tip and grey reef sharks. Furthermore, Benja provides a wonderful service to capture the dive in photos at an unbelievable reasonable price, which also comes along with a bunch of beautiful stock photos. Somehow, he manages to take great photos during the flow of the dive. Unreal. One last important note: the two captains driving the boat on my trips, Steve, the owner, and Travis, are exceptionally safety conscious and customer focused. Btw, Travis may be the most organized captain on Maui. Overall, Makena Coast Charters provided a great dive experience.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Gretldog
Torrance, California, United States
“CANT WAIT TO GO BACK”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I was very pleased with the professional and friendly crew, We had an amazing time & plan to come back next year. It was an awesome experience!!!!!!

Visited January 2012
California
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Personal service and small groups make Makena Charters a great choice in Kihei”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Knowledgeable and friendly crew, and full service operation make diving in Maui a joy. Great choice if you're in Kihei. We drove an hour from Kahana to dive with this great crew. Highly recommend!

El Dorado Hills, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“disappointing dive trip”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I went on a 2 tank "expedition" dive with Makena Coast and chose them from their good reviews on this sight. After reading through their website I called and talked to Steve about what I was looking for. I like a small group with more advanced divers who don't run out of air quickly or bunch up. He suggested their "expedition" dive on Wed and Fri, so I signed up for them. We went out with 7 divers and all was fine until 25 minutes into the dive when we all had to go up. Once back on the boat I asked why the dive was so short, and I was told somebody got low on air. I found that this was the only trip of the day so there wasn't really a separate "expedition" dive and a regular dive. The second dive was the St. Anthony wreck, which wasn't that great. A couple guys on the boat had done that dive a couple days earlier. The divemaster only was there to take pictures of us and try to sell them with mostly stock pictures. What I was most bothered by was the false advertising about the expedition dives, they were just regular dives with whoever was on the boat. Nothing special for $140.

Visited January 2012
MauiCaptain, Owner at Makena Coast Dive Charters, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Sorry you did not have a great day, please call us for a free dive trip on your next time on Maui.
We sometimes have to go up for safety reasons and it cuts the dive short.