“Fantastic, knowledgeable, professional crew and boat”

Mike Severns Diving
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We did a two-tank dive in Molokini. This isn't your average slacker dive crew--these people are professionals who love to dive and love to share the Hawaiian undersea world with guests. Equipment provided was top-notch and in excellent condition, and we were very well taken-care-of right down to the epic macadamia nut cinnamon rolls. Boat goes out early but it's 100% worth it. Great for experienced divers and newbies alike. If I come back to Maui I wouldn't dive with anyone else.

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"entire crew"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great two dives last Thursday with AJ (divemaster) and Andy (Captain). One of the best dives I’ve had. We were lucky in that there was only three divers (last minute cancellation) so the team really took great care of us (including cinnamon rolls and delicious fresh baked cookies).

What really set these dives apart was that AJ spent over 10 minutes explaining what would happen on the dive and what unique marine life we would see. Beyond helping us be more informed and knowing what to expect, this was important on our 1st dive as one of the other two divers had some anxiety on the surface which AJ handled very well (she’s also a paramedic).

In each case AJ would look for unique things for us to see which made an extra special dive. On the first dive to beautiful Molokini (like a beautiful, super clear aquarium) we saw reef shark, eels and a huge momma lobster who come out and aerated her eggs in the open which we see very clearly. It was just like in the Earth documentary which was very cool! On the second dive, we saw extremely rare pair of harlequin shrimp and an octopus lair (I had asked AJ if we could find some Octopus who had sadly died before we got there but we saw where her eggs were). We also visited an actual WWI Tank and an Amphibious Landing Craft which had both been submerged probably since World War II and now are now covered with coral and served as hiding spots for many fish. AJ explained that each of those vehicles had a beautiful clean sand radius around them due to coral fish they were hiding in those vehicles but only venture so far to feed before they felt insecure.

A great day, two great dives and a fantastic crew. I look forward to diving again with Mike Severns crew when I’m next back in Mau!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Mike Severns Diving, well setup dive boat, excellent crew, getting back on boat is easy with 2 ladders and a platform, they even let me take my dive gear off in the water and hand it up as my dodgy knees don't like climbing ladders - thank you Poki. It was the most indepth and detailed dive brief we have ever had before a dive in 30 plus years of diving, Pauline could make diving in soup sound interesting and she doesn't just tell you about the physical aspects of the dive, Pauline and AJ seem to know the fish by name. They are passionate and knowledgeable and make diving easy and enjoyable. We dived at Reefs End - Molokini, St Anthony's wreck first day. The second day I went out I dived at Molokini and then at the Tank and Landing Craft where Pauline showed me the friendly cleaner shrimp and the little fellow started on my hand and when I took my reg out it just popped into my mouth, thanks for the photos Pauline. Our crew was the fabulous AJ, Poki, Andy and the amazing Pauline.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My teenage son and I had two dives with Charles off Makena Landing. They were my sons' first dives after certification and my 51st and 52nd. We rented scooters, which were fun and easy to learn. On the first dive Charles' scooter malfunctioned so it wasn't a great dive. But the second was my best ever. Charles knows the area extremely well. He took us to a cavern with five white-tip sharks circling within arms' length--spectacular! Then he found a gorgeous octopus in the sand and brought him up to play. Lots of huge turtles. And Charles took lots of great photos, which he provided at no charge. Fantastic experience, truly effortless dive.