All reviews ohana room cinnamon bread coffee and juice continental breakfast fresh fruit beautiful napili bay coastal trail house restaurant literally steps kitchen facilities there is no air conditioning cross breeze beach chairs full size refrigerator small pool the ground floor first floor
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Overall I think this is a nice little hotel. the location is great, right on the beach and away from the big resorts and crowds further south.
The rooms are nice..maybe a little dated and could use a modern update but very clean and comfortable. As there is no AC the room smelled a bit moisty but was ok after leaving the windows/doors open for a bit.
There is a small kitchenette with all essentials if you feel like cooking.
The staff was very friendly and the grounds were beautifully cared for.
I had a room with a partial ocean view - which I thought was worth the extra money, you were right on the beach and also got a bit of the crosswinds (which was nice as it was very hot and humid). the beach is shared with (I think) 4 other small hotels and it never got too crowded. there is a surf shop right around the corner to rent all sorts of beach toys. also other great beaches are just a short drive away
the hotel has no own restaurants but offers breakfast in the morning and there are a few places to eat nearby.
Not sure if would stay here again - there are just so many other great areas in Maui to choose from but I can certainly recommend the hotel - especially if you want to stay away from the big resorts on Kāʻanapali Beach.

Room tip: Try to get a room on the second floor facing south
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
119nanea, General Manager at The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Mahalo for your review of the Mauian Hotel. We appreciate the time you took to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are currently in the process of installing air conditioners in all of our rooms. We are continually trying to improve our guests experience and hopefully you will return to enjoy those efforts.

Aloha,
Nane W. Aluli
The Mauian Hotel

Reviewed August 31, 2018

I had my doubts on arrival at the front office, which gives off a motel rather than hotel feel, but the office staff member was very friendly and explained entire setup to me. Upon walking into the grounds I suddenly realised how close to the sea we were. Room was an Ocean View Studio, of which I assume most of the rooms are given only being a few steps from beach. The door to the room was a little dated with a good old fashioned key to open but the interior was spacious with a nice layout. Room has kitchen facilities to cook and keep food & drink refrigerated. Should point out there is no TV in room but site does have one in breakfast room if you are desperate. It does have good quality Wi-Fi if you really need that screen experience rather than watching the great outdoors. Also there is no in room safe. Balcony had table & chairs which basically looked down on beach front.
Hotel offers beach towels and you can also grab a chair from grounds to use on beach.
Basic continental breakfast is offered. It’s ideal to grab that morning coffee with mug from your room and just relax first thing on the beach.
Site car park doesn’t look very big but I came and went during day and night without issue of obtaining space.
There is a good local restaurant next to hotel but majority of shops and other restaurants are a short 5 minutes or 10 minute car journey depending on your needs.
Pool area is nice and relaxing to get away from beach and has outdoor grills for use.
Overall it has a very relaxed friendly environment. I don’t know if that’s from being right on the beach or its small size. It does remind me of those motels you see in film where everyone is relaxing around the pool enjoying the community vibe.

2  Thank Rob H
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Upon arriving to this quaint boutique hotel, I was enamored by the exquisite views it had to offer. This hotel was literally right on the beach... I was impressed by the size of the rooms and the hotel service. Everyone was very helpful and understanding... I think I made a great choice in choosing this hotel. If I could have slept outside I would have. I loved how there was a kitchen available in case I didn't want to go out and eat. Very accommodating and everything I was looking for in a hotel in Maui. I can't wait to stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank LindyLOo816
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I got a good deal because I was booking sort of last minute - totally worth the few extra bucks for "partial ocean front." I expected that to mean *maybe* we'd be able to see the ocean from a window - we were delightfully surprised to end up in a suite where it was literally steps from our lanai to the sand!!

The semi-private beach wasn't too crowded and had warm, calm waters perfect for leisurely swimming and trying out stand up paddle boarding. (There's a place to rent SUPs right nextdoor!) Lovely foliage throughout, lawn games, and a great spot to watch the sunset.

The kitchenette is well-equipped, there was even a blender (yay pina coladas!) We only stayed one night but would've loved to have stayed longer. The only quirk was no TV which of course is not a big deal, it was just kind of a surprise - but added to the "getting away" feeling :) But don't worry, there's wifi.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay. Our room (112 - ground floor; I think the uneven numbers were the ones on the second floor) was just a few meters away.

When it rains a lot (and it does rain more here than in i.e. Wailea/Kihei area) the room can get a bit humid. There’s no AC or something to regulate that humidity. When the sun is out that’s fine though, and with all windows open a lovely breeze runs through the room.

Location is great and Napili Bay is just lovely.

Points for imrovement: after office hours, not a single staff person is on-site to deal with any matters. Although a very kind and responsive lady answers the phone that you can use at the reception desk, to answer questions, it feels a little weird. If I were old or if I were a person with more needs, I’d probably have issues with that.

The parking lot has less capacity than demand by the guests. We had issues with that 2 out of 4 nights when staying here, arriving after 10pm when coming back from dinner. Parking on the street just outside is not allowed either. This was a hassle. Clear explanations on what to do in such a situation should be provided upon arrival, especially since nobody is there after office hours.

Breakfast is just fruit and some non-nutritious pastries/bread. It would be good if they’d add some plane yoghurt and proper non-sugared granola or something.

The room itself is spacious and has everything you need: a few pans, 4 plates, 4 bowls, cutlery, cups, glasses, fridge, freezer, bread toaster, coffee maker (no kettle to boil water for tea but we just used a pan). The electric cooking stove can be used for 2 pans at a time. There’s dishwasher detergent and a clean sponge for dishwashing by hand.

Recommend to bring olive oil, butter, bottled water as basics to start off with if you plan to do basic things like making a salad over lunch or frying an egg in the morning.

Cleaning service comes on a daily basis to seeep floors, change towels if you want, etc.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank alexandra1010