“Won't stay anyplace else.”

Napili Kai Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The joy of NaPili Kai is that they are still a bit of "Old Hawaii" in an area that is becoming a "little Cancun". Great staff keeps the place immaculate. Ocean View Studios in Lani building have been remodelled and are wonderful. Fully outfitted kitchens in the studios and gas grills on the property let you do some of your own cooking at a quality level. Happy Hour at Sea House can't be beat but sometimes it's fun to grill while watching whales just offshore.

Room Tip: Lani I & II don't have AC but do take best advantage of the trade winds with screened window...
3  Thank Gopher-Vol_Fan

Reviewed 2 April 2012

My wife and I both stayed here multiple times as kids in the early 80s and loved it. We have been back three times since starting our own family and hands down agree its our favorite spot.

It is the only hotel I have ever stayed in without finding something to complain about. Napili Kai is what you imagine Hawaii to be like, low-key, beautiful, beachfront and relaxing.

We stayed in Puna 2 and the newly remodeled rooms were beautiful!! The bathrooms were very nice and modern, I loved the dual shower head.

The Sea House restaurant still puts out consistently delicious food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is no need to travel around the island searching out the next great place, its right there in front of you. The onion soup and coconut shrimp are incredible

I cannot wait to go back this fall, we are counting the days!!!

3  Thank EnduranceIdaho
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Pure paradise. Great staff, great accommodations, fantastic views from your own private lanai. Our family loves it here and finds it very difficult to leave each year when it's time to go home.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ocean view room
2  Thank jenniferpdx
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was our first visit to Maui and boy did we land the jackpot with picking this resort. Our view from the lanai was breathtaking. It is steps away from the beach! The staff at this facility were fantastic! We would definitely return, hopefully soon!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank macfan1999
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife and I took our honeymoon and stayed at Napili Kai. I had originally booked an ocean-view room, and when we checked in, they upgraded us to an ocean-front room (not even 15 yards from the sand!!!) The grounds are gorgeous, and the keepers take pride in their work. I was very impressed with the full kitchen (full fridge/freezer, microwave, stovetop, coffee maker) and the room was VERY comfy. Some of the pics I've seen make the room seem a little dated, but those must be in the older buildings, because our room was fantastic. The Sea House restaurant on property is convenient. The food is extremely good, and the servers (for the most part) are ok (some of the servers, especially during breakfast, seem pretty disinterested in providing good service), but that is literally the only thing I could have asked to have been improved. There is really no need for A/C at all, and even though our room had it, it rarely ran at all. We didn't spend much time in the room during the day, and the nights generally cool off into the mid-60s (we felt comfortable sleeping with the screen doors open). The beach is immaculate, and you can leave your sandals, towels, etc near your chair without fear of it being disturbed. The drive from the Kahului (OGG) airport is maybe an hour or so. It is a family-friendly resort, and I can see my growing family spending our vacation at Napili Kai for a LONG time to come. Mahalo and aloha!

Room Tip: Any of the newer buildings if you NEED A/C
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Levi B
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My father took me here as a kid and it's beauty has not changed. My husband and I stayed here for a romantic trip away from the kids and could not have asked for a more perfect stay. The hotel maintains its charm throughout the years and accommodates couples, families, and retirees. Our room was in Puna II and had breathtaking oceanfront views. We slept every night with the lanai doors open listening to the waves. Our room had a small kitchen which allowed us to eat in if we wanted. My husband got a discounted round of golf on the Kapalua Plantation course and I enjoyed some time at the spa. The beach is perfect for snorkeling, playing in the surf, and even whale watching. I could go on and on but this is a great place to stay especially if you don't really like the busy, crowded, and over priced chain hotels.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Cbell21
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We had an amazing week at the Napili Kai. The rooms were comfortable, full kitchen and great layout. The room we had did not have air conditioning but it was very comfortable sleeping with the fans on. The beach is perfect! A bit protected so the waves are not to frightening for some one who is a bit scared of the water. There are a couple hotel kitties which made it easier for me to be away from my cats at home. Staff would do anything to make your stay comfortable. The restaurant on site was our favorite, we had 3 dinners there during our stay. I can't wait to go back

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yesterdayfarms
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
0.5 km away
9.8 km away
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
41.5 km away
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Napili Kai Beach Resort? Share your experiences!