We stayed in 1116 in Tower 1 - lovely large studio with a gloriously big lanai with plenty of chairs - a nice spot to watch the whales. I was worried about space when we booked a studio, but I shouldn't have been - there was lots of storage space ( a separate little room), a nice big sofa, a table and a big bed, and none of it felt crammed in. The kitchen area was very well-appointed, though we only used dishwasher and microwave. The shower was spacious and above a bath - - though a small request - could there a soap dish?? There was a nice welcome touch - water and pre-cut pineapple in the fridge, and a free wi-fi connection and safe in the room. Front desk was very friendly and efficient, as was the daily maid service. We were near the lifts, but there was no noise, and every floor had a trash room and a washing machine room handily placed next to the lift. In the underground parking lot there is also an extensive re-cycling station, and all the entrances are activated by key cards. The grounds are beautifully kept and u can feed the fish in the pond (food available at reception ).Lots of people seemed to use the pool - we couldn't see why until we got a couple of really windy days, when you were sandblasted on the beach!
The place is right next to Whalers Village for shopping and food - though eating is expensive there( apart from the McDonalds & pizza place in Whaler's food court) . If you've got a car, go to Teddy's burgers in the shopping centre opposite Lahaina Cannery Mall - absolutely beautiful burgers with an amazing choice of sizes, toppings, varieties - the works. We also had a great breakfast a Lu Lu's in the Lahaina Cannery Mall itself.
All in all, the Whaler is a great, value choice for this area - I would certainly go again, but maybe request an inner tower room, as the views are better from those sides of the buildings( not that ours wasn't nice as we had requested an ocean view and got one )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina