This was the last spot in Hawaii,and we planned to spend 10 days there. We arrived and checked in and we could not believe the room they put us in. I travel all over the world as a Starwood gold, and I have never seen a room like the one reserved for us at this Westin.
The headboard was dirty, the room was crowded with a table in the middle, the bathroom was awful, an old bathtub with a dirty dusty vent overhead.I was so shocked and more so disappointed! Where was my dreamy westin decorated bathroom?
We overlooked a parking lot and partial golf course, that was considered mountain view. For the price we paid we should never have been given this room.The room was a 150$ room max!
The problem with this hotel is, it is very often booked to capacity with big tour buses like the Polynesian bus tours. We also talked to many other guests and we found out ever body gets a different price. People were paying half of what we paid, and here we are loyal Starwood followers.(we did get upgraded to an ocean room but only after 5 days of asking and complaining)
The pool is gorgeous and so are the grounds, but only at 6 am or 9 pm when nobody is there! They don't have enough chairs for all the guests, so people run down to put their towels down early in the morning! They block off the chairs for the entire day, sorry not my idea of a relaxing vacation. After spending 1 day cramped, and on top of people, with no privacy, again not my idea of a holiday in paradise we decided to spend the extra 30$ and rent beach chairs and an umbrella. Make sure to call down and reserve the night before or you might not be lucky enough to reserve one. The Beach or cabana is the only way we could relax without strangers on top of us. This hotel is great for kids, it is not a relaxing resort. It DESPERATELY needs a facelift, it is tired and run down. It was not even a Westin property, it was bought and the name was slapped on.( this branding is not consistent at all with Starwood) It is very centrally located, the shuttle service to Lahaina is constant and easy.
We found delicious restaurants in Maui and we went in 7 nights out of the 10. The Tropica (the hotels restaurant)was certainly good enough if you wanted to stay on the premises, and chill.
We ate at the breakfast buffet 1 day as we had a complimentary voucher, but if we did not, I would have felt it was not worth the money at al!(27 $ per person, and many of the dishes were not hot)
We walked over to the Sheraton, usually not as nice as the Westin, but on Maui it is definitely is the better starwood choice.(although i never saw the rooms) This is NOT your typical beautiful property, I read some negative reviews before, and unfortunately I had to find out the hard way, they were mostly correct.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina