This March break was our 18th visit to Hawaii and we always hate to leave. The Westin Maui has been our most visited hotel on Maui and it didn't disappoint this year.
The location is one of its greatest assets - Ka'anapali is our favorite area in Maui with its fantastic beach, close proximity to historic Lahaina town, and great line-up of resorts lining the beach.
Because the Westin is beside the Whaler's Village Mall with everything from an ABC general store up to high end luxury goods stores and several good restaurants - you never feel like you are trapped on the resort and often we would walk over during the day for breakfast at Cane and Taro (awesome breakfasts) or go to Leilani's for happy hour (3 - 5pm with great pulled pork or battered Ono sliders and cheap Mai Tai's).
The resort also has a good breakfast buffet and it's formal Tropica restaurant serves a fantastic sampler course dinner with paired wines if you choose - loved it.
The best rooms are in the ocean tower facing the pool area and ocean. As a Starwood platinum, we were fortunate enough to be upgraded from our reserved Deluxe Premium Oceanview room (482) to a 1 bedroom suite (491) looking directly out on the beach and ocean from the living room with expansive windows and patios on the side from the bedroom and bathroom. Very nice suite.
The staff is great and there is always live entertainment in the evening to serenade guests with Hawaiian music.
The view from Ka'anapali beach out towards the islands of Lanai and Molokai is breathtaking and the sunsets are amazing.
A short (5 minutes) drive to the town of Lahaina for even more shopping and dining options is a great way to spend a few afternoons - this town is incredible and always fun.
The resort is showing its age in some areas but has been upgraded over the years and it has some real charm with its huge Koi pool by the Lobby and a myriad of waterfalls and walkways.
The swimming pools are great and rarely did we have difficulty getting good chairs.
The kids loved the water slides and activities throughout the day (free ukulele lessons was a big hit with our girls).
The parking lot is not big enough and gets filled up around 8 PM at which point they start offering complimentary valet parking - so you may want to think twice about springing extra for valet parking during your stay when it ends up being free for many. Regular parking along with HS Internet (not really so high speed) are included in the $25 per day resort fee.
All in all, the Westin has a lot going for it and compares well against the other resorts in Ka'anapali. The Ritz in Kapalua is much more removed from everything and is not that family friendly. Resorts like the Grand Wailea or the Four Seasons are nice but the area of Wailea doesn't compare to Ka'anapali and Lahaina.
We will stay at the Westin again on our next visit to Maui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina