The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
US$450
US$399
US$276
US$269
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$629
US$309
Cancelon
  • Beachfront
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
5,421 results
All reviewsbeach towerwhalers villageadult poolblack swanocean viewself parkingheavenly bedpink flamingosbreakfast buffetour honeymoonhula grillspg pointskoi fishan umbrellaabc storekaanapali beachfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We have been lucky enough to have stayed at the Westin Maui 3 of the last 4 years. First in 2009 for our Honeymoon, 2011 for fun, and 2012 for our Babymoon. Each time we have been happy with the overall customer service and amenities and the hotel itself is beautiful. But the highlight of our stays have definitely been the staff at the adult pool. While all the guys at the bar are great, we especially enjoy hanging out with Jerome, Eddie and Keoki. They make great drinks, always offer the bar snacks and make good conversation. When we're lounging on our chairs (which is most of the time) we love chatting with our good friend Lupe! She is super friendly and helpful and always keeps everyone in the pool area happy with drinks and food. The next time you're in Maui, I would definitely suggest staying at the Westin...and make sure you see Lupe and the guys at the adult pool!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Stayed March 27-April 3.
I booked the mountain view w/connecting rooms, and got the parking lot view on 3rd floor, and very close to the elevator. Not good, especially because we have 4 children. So sleeping was difficult.
Pro:
Best location on kaanapali beach, also great soft sand on the westin beach area. (right in the middle of the beach stretch, also next to Whalers Village Shopping center. There is a food court (Mcdonalds express, Nikki's pizza,( that place has GREAT FOOD) Subway, Yogurtland & a Chinese place. Bunch of great restaurants also right there, Leilani's, Hula Grill and Cane & Taro. Good shopping too. Picked up a new purse from Louis Vuitton store:)
Westin breakfast buffet about $28 per person/ $14 for children 12 and under. Very good & very yummy!
Beautiful pools, (water could be warmer)
Snorkel at Black Rock. About a 15 minute walk by the Shearton. Your can charge to your room from that hotel which is very convenient.
Pretty grounds with waterfalls and bridges. There are pink flamingo's, different birds, colorful fish in the ponds, white swans and even one black swan.
Everyone working at hotel seemed very nice and welcoming.

Con:
Housekeeping could be better.
Other Westin's I stayed at, rooms were much cleaner.

On another note...we walked along the board walk and noticed that the beach in front of Hyatt is very rocky.

Room Tip: When dining at Ono for the breakfast buffet ask to sit by the ocean. So great to eat with a view like that!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GoodCoffee76
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We always stay at Westins and this one is in need of some TLC. Service has been very good and the rooms are a little tired as compared to what we are use to. Kids love the pool and water slide. Spa was nice and their is some construction going on.

Overall I think this is overpriced for what you get. When Easter brunch is $60/pp, that's a little bit ridiculous in my opinion.

Stayed: April 2012
vbravo, Manager at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Aloha 12Bob- We appreciate your review, mahalo! We are delighted to read that your family enjoyed our aquatic features! You feedback is important to us and we have shared your review with our teams. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you to our islands again soon.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Had a great time on our honeymoon @ the Westin. Everyone went out of their way if we had any questions or needs during our 10 night stay.

We would start every morning with the breakfast buffet at Ono, which was delicious (put the whipped maple butter on everything), then we would head out to the pool area. Since we were on our honeymoon we went up to the adult pool at the top everyday. There is plenty of shade, a hot tub, and more importantly a bar.

Speaking of the bar, our trip was made so much better by the staff at the adult pool, especially Jerome. We would spend almost every shift he worked sitting at the bar and just talking about our trip, Hawaii, etc... We had a blast with Jerome. The worst part about going on vacation and meeting great people is not being able to take them back home, but we would have kidnapped him. Thomas and Eddie were also very good company at the bar, and the waitresses were also very nice.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Westin to anyone looking to come to Maui.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Nice hotel but the front desk and the spa never answer the phone or call you back. When the concierge found out I wasn't with my wife, she wouldn't let me do the time share tour (which I didn't want to do anyway) and couldn't get me out of the chair fast enough, even though I was asking where was the best place to snorkel.

I just waited in line for 20 minutes to get a key for my room. There were only two people at the front desk with nine people waiting. Twice they allowed other people to cut the line for towel keys....while I waited for a room key!!

The pool and beach are nice, lot's of activities. And the beds are comfortable...but the service sucks.

I called the front desk twice and let it ring over 40 times and then called the operator and asked what was going on. She said she would contact the front desk and have them call me back. Thirty minutes later....still no call. I decided to walk down to the front desk. When I got there, there was NOBODY in line with 4 people behind the counter.

When i told the guy behind the desk about the two phone calls and the no call back, he shrugged his shoulders and simply said "we were busy"....in a tone that really said "yeah, so what"

So if you have been to other Westins and have had the excellent service they provide all around the world, don't expect it here at the Westin Maui and you'll be fine.

Did I mention they didn't clean our room until after 4:00?!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank David L

On behalf of The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, thank you for your feedback. We do apologize that we did not meet all your expectations but rest assured your feedback is important to us. Your comments will be communicated to the respective managers and departments. Again, thank you for sharing and we hope that you’ve enjoyed everything Maui has to offer. Aloha!