We spent a few days in Waikiki Beach, Oahu, before we headed to Maui. We were lucky, both SPG resorts were outstanding. This hotel was by far, one of the prettiest and most awe inspiring hotels I have ever stayed in, from the moment you walk in the door. The central gardens with waterfalls, flamingos, fish,etc. was just the absolutely perfect landscape to welcome you into Hawaii.
We had an deluxe ocean view room on the 9th floor in the new tower. The room was spacious and nice and the bathroom had two sinks and a separate area for the toilet which was also very nice. It had a nice sized balcony with a gorgeous view of the pool area, ocean, and Lanai off in the distance. Great view to wake up to every morning.
The pool area(s) we amazing! It winds around so it makes it look like there are separate pools, with waterfalls, slides, and even a hidden cave spa! There were always plenty of chairs and the area never seemed too crowded.
The beach is a different story. If you wanted a lounge chair you had to pay for it, so we never sat on the beach for very long. Towel service was nice and easy every day and was conveniently located by the pool and beach.
We are very active people, so we did the biking down Haleakala Crater, used Bike Maui, Kimo was our tour guide, and the experience was absolutely amazing! Got a wonderful tour up the mountain and he took lots of greats pics of all of us. Highly recommend the company and Kimo.
We did the helicopter tour of West Maui & Molokai, used Air Maui, also recommend them.
Right off the hotel there are a few boats ready to take you out snorkeling. We booked the Gemini, which was awesome because it literally pulled right up to our beach! We had a wonderful trip, swam with some sea turtles, and had a terrific hot lunch that the Westin provided.
Best thing we did was rent a Jeep and drive around on our own. Did the Road to Hana- AMAZING! Hike the waterfalls in Twin Falls. Our favorite little town was Paia, worth the drive over to that coast.
Bad thing about the hotel was the food selection or lack there of. We only had lunch the first day upon arriving at the hotel. Ridiculously expensive, as most of Hawaii is, and with only 2 restaurants, a pool snack bar, and a coffee breakfast bar, there were not enough choices for us, so we always went outside the hotel to eat. We got tired of paying $22 for two juices, or coffee, and two croissants. Went next door to Whalers Village to eat at the Hula Grille. Nice outdoor atmosphere, live music, food was ok. If you can, take the shuttle into Lahaina to eat or rent a car. It is well worth it.
Nice that the hotel has shuttle. IF you plan ahead and fly into Kapalua, instead of the main one, Kahului, the hotel will send a shuttle, or a nice suburban in our case to pick us up for free. There is also a shuttle that takes you into Lahaina, which we did use a couple times, and one that shuttles you between the other two properties nearby as well. We did the luau at the nearby Sheraton, so we walked the beach side there but took the shuttle back after. Luau was pretty good, we paid for the preferred seating and got front row and got to go in the buffet line first, so well worth it.
All in all this was a great hotel, we would recommend it and would stay here again. Really a beautiful property. And go see Shirley at the concierge, she is truly wonderful and extremely helpful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina