5,671 results
All reviewsbeach towerwhalers villageadult poolocean viewblack swanself parkingheavenly bedpink flamingosbreakfast buffetour honeymoonhula grillspg pointskoi fishabc storean umbrellafree shuttlean upgrade
Reviewed April 7, 2009

This was our second stay at the Westin and we were very happy with our choice once again. What makes this hotel the best on Ka'anapali is its location and the quality of rooms and amenities.

Having stayed in different parts of the hotel we'd recommend the Beach Tower which has larger rooms and is closer to the pools and beach front. All rooms have recently been renovated with new furnishings and feature the Heavenly Bed which is simply divine.

The hotel has a great pool scene with several pools to choose from but the property does lack a kiddie pool for kids that cannot swim.

You should also know that the hotel does charge a daily resort fee of $26 so be sure to account for this as you budget for your stay. The fee covers wireless internet access, two bottles of water (daily), newspaper, parking, and access to a great workout facility.

Hotel food prices are expensive but is to be expected -- fortunately the food is very good and they have several healthy options. If your looking to save money I'd recommend utilizing the refrigerator in the room by buying breakfast items at the local grocery store (Safeway or ABC) instead of the $25 per person breakfast buffet.

In addition, the hotel is located next to Whalers Village which has great restaurants and shopping including the Hawaii chain store " ABC" (equivalent to CVS) which has great prices for things like snacks and gifts.

Lastly the hotel offers a great spa (complimentary for SPG Gold/Platinum members) that features a quite room with great views of the ocean and complimentary water and snacks.

While no hotel is perfect we'd definitely recommend the Westin. Its worth every penny and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Nomadic22
Reviewed April 7, 2009

Stayed for seven nights March 20 - 27. The staff was friendly, (bellman brought us a microwave after bringing up our bags) and efficient. The room was nothing to write home about, but no complaints either. The biggest complaint that I do have is the pools. They are cold and there is no depth less than 1.2 meters (47.25 inches) in any of them. My 40 inch son could only play in the pool with someone to hold him. We ate at Ono while there and our opinion was similar to that of the room - it was ok. Really enjoyed my first Melona pop at the pool snack bar but the hotel store sells them for less than 1/2 that price. I would recommend for families with older children but I would choose somewhere else if traveling with small children.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank caseyWhitewater
Reviewed April 4, 2009

The hotel is very nice and modern. We had a room with a king bed, shower, tub, refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave and it was very spacious...
There was also a little balcony we spent a lot of time on!
The facilities I had a fantastic massage at the SPA. The rooms were very clean and spacious.
Drinks on the property are pretty expensive, even at happy hour, but it's Maui, so it's to be expected.
It was a little windy on the resort in January - it usually picked up at the end of the day.
The beach was amazing - you basically fall into the water and can see fish. Very cool!
You can also find many crabs along the beach if you stay still and look for them.
A great choice for a nice experience.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank endsun
Reviewed April 2, 2009

The airport is about a 45 minute drive from the airport because of the curvy road, but a beautiful drive along the coast.
We stayed at the Westin Maui with friends from Oct 17th-Oct 22nd. I was looking forward to the traditional Lai upon arrival, sadly we didn't receive so much as a hello much less a lai. Because this was a dream vacation I blew it off because of it being so late at night when we checked in.
I am a gold Starwood member and booked a fantastic rate on their website. At the reception desk there is a Starwood Preferred Line, however no one was there so we waited in the normal line. The young guy that checked us in, was horrible. I had to ask him for the upgrade, if that is what you want to call it. ( I will get to that later) While in the process of getting our keys, our friends arrived with Lai;s around their necks. They are also Starwood Gold members. I asked where they got the Lei's, they answered at the entrance to the hotel. Someone magically appeared at the Starwood desk and checked them in with a fabulous upgrade and full explanation of benefits they could enjoy as Starwood Members at the hotel. We went to our designated rooms. The room is large and comfortable, very clean. Big bathroom, lots of room to spread out for the week. I went to the balcony to see what are upgraded view looked like. To my surprise we were upgraded to a view of either the trash containers or the top of lobby roof. If we walked out on the roof far enough we could see the pool. (Stay away from the 2nd floor, it is labeled as a Starwood member floor) This was totally unacceptable, I left a message for the hotel manager and requested a phone call the next day. The manager called the next day and offered me an oceanfront premium room with her apology, Our friends were on the 8th floor, so we accepted an Oceanview premium instead to be closer to them.
We ate breakfast at the buffet one morning. Beautiful presentation and so many food choices. Excellent buffet, but not worth it to us at 25.00 per head per day. Westin offers rates that include breakfast, but we did not select one. Our room came with a frig, which we filled up with groceries from the local market. Food is very expensive in Hawaii, be it at a restaurant or at the market. This worked well for us, as we spent a lot of our time at the pool or at the beach, so we would run up to the room for sandwich or snack. There is a mall next door and a food court. (IE: McDonalds) There are lots of great restaurants to pick from as we did each night for dinner.
Pool: Huge Pool area, Kids Pool and an adult only Pool. Waterslide. Great fun for everyone. The water is cold. Didn't make sense since the temp was high. Every morning the staff fills the pool with freezeing cold water, so be prepared.
The spa is wonderful but pricey, so bring extra monies. Staff is wonderful.
Several evenings we would arrive back late after going out for dinner. If the self parking is full they will Valet for free. We enjoyed that several evenings.
Overall the Westin Maui is wonderful and I still rank it overall as VG. ALOHA

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank missjulykitten
Reviewed April 2, 2009

Boo. This place is obnoxious. It's way over-crowded and loud. It's highly competitive to get a pool chair, they charge you for cheap snorkel gear and beach chairs, you wait forever for crowded elevators, it's over run with kids, rowdy teens and drunk loud adults. It's like Panama City, Cancun, Daytona (you get the picture). What a waste of money and time. Stay away from Ka'anapali if you want a peaceful vacation. This is the opposite of sophistication, class and relaxation. Not my cup of pina colada.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple