3,442 results
All reviews konea tower duke's restaurant aina market gourmet market sewage plant bosch appliances full kitchen ocean view through vrbo kaanapali beach rentals every other day washer and dryer times market grocery store quiet pool high end appliances underground parking
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I cannot say enough positive things about our stay at Honua Kai. Our stay was fantastic. We were a family of 12 with ages 2 thru 63 who stayed in two 3 BR Alii suites. Everything about our suites were wonderful, the beautiful kitchens and wrap around lanai's, the lovely furniture and very comfortable beds, the welcome baskets, the housekeeping, the in suite laundry-felt very welcoming and comfortable from the moment we stepped in the door. The grounds were so beautiful, pools varied in sizes and depth so good for even our 2 year old, lovely flowers, nice beach. We ate at Dukes once for breakfast and once for dinner and was very good both times. Pool drink service was fine, kind of slow but ok. All the staff we encountered from valet to front desk to housekeeping to groundskeepers were very friendly and helpful. We had one issue with a refrigerator which they immediately responded to and replaced but otherwise no issues. We would all return here without hesitation-highly recommend!

Room Tip: Having Royal Collection amenity was wonderful, the extra cleaning, valet and wifi were helpful for our multi car, big group
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank gbrn
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Just spent a week as a renter & didn't enjoy it very much. The kids pools was a rocky sandy bottom & the rocks get in your swimsuit. They don't allow any alcohol unless you buy it from the restaurant & they have 2 BBQs with 2 tables . I grew up on the ocean in New England & the beach here is pretty bad. At high tide you might have 10 ft of sandy beach & the waves coupled with the rocky ledges mean your very unlikly to escape without some bumps & bruises. I was able to snorkle once the whole trip at baby beach & even there there were plenty of rocks & ledges to avoid. And I am a smoker & try very hard not to bother anyone so went out a side door by the sidewalks and went away from the sidewalks. At the door there were dozens of butts & I always try to be respectful and put out my butts and put them in the trash. Twice I had someone yell at me to "make sure you don't toss your cig in the drainage ditch." So I go to the front desk & finally found someone who spoke english who told me vaguely " that's it way over that way" I never did find the smoking "area", but at the pool in one of the rented chaise lounge there was a guy with a giant bluetooth boombox blasting out tunes & smoking a large cigar all afternoon.

Stayed: March 2018
6  Thank bfallona
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in room H 215 for one week. It was my in laws and my family of four. We had a two bedroom condo with a sleeper sofa. Both rooms had king beds that were very comfortable and huge bathrooms. It was 1350 sq ft unit. Plenty spacious and very well kept. We were highly impressed with the unit, grounds, pool and beach. Also so nice to be equipped with beach supplies; Chairs, umbrella, cooler and boogie boards. Having Dukes bar and grill on site was a nice touch too. I’d highly recommend and for sure stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Nikki H
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We loved this place! We have 2 smaller children so a condo works well for us. We had a 1 bedroom resort view. Our view was over the hills and resort- very pleasant. The sofa bed is not comfortable but works well for young kids ( ours were 3 and 5). The bed in the bedroom was very comfortable. The condo was in good shape with large bathroom and sufficient appliances in the kitchen. We loved the swimming pools and the slide and the beach. There is some nice snorkeling in front of the hotel. Restaurant was ok but some good places in the area are available for more special occasions. We would definitely come back to this place!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank sijan2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

We stayed here over spring break March 19-28 2017 with our teenagers. We booked condo 618 in the Hokulani tower with Maui Resort Rentals. I would recommend this as we saved $$$ by not booking directly with the hotel. I will have a separate detailed review for Maui Resort Rentals and our amazing experience with them. This review is for the Resort only.

The room : The condo was great. Full kitchen, nice appliances, plenty of room in the very nice updated bathroom. Granite and marble in the kitchen and bathroom. All updated and very clean and modern. We had a one bedroom condo. The couch was a pull out and accommodated the teenagers nicely. This particular condo had 4 beach towels, one beach cooler, two beach chairs and one large beach umbrella in the closet. This condo was individually owned, so I'm not sure if this is the case in every room.

The beach: the beach is more narrow here than it is a little farther south at Kaanapali beach. There is room, but it's not a huge beach. It's a little sloped. If you are a major beach person, I'd stay at the marriott on Kaanapali, or one of the resorts a bit south on Kaanapali beach.

The pools: I believe there are 5 pools here. Tons of kids. Tons. If you are looking for a family resort, you will be right at home. If you are looking to relax, well.....the pool situation may not be for you. There is a "quiet" pool meant to cater to quiet guests. Either parents can't read, they simply can't see or ignore the signs. The hotel needs to mark this pool more clearly. If parents are coming up from the pool below this one, they may miss the signage. The signs need to be bigger and at eye level. The other adults without kids would appreciate it. After about 15 minutes of screaming by kids in this pool, one of the adults would go down to the cabana selling sunglasses and ask them to enforce the quiet pool. Security would then come and tell them to leave. They were good about that. The problem is that another round of kids was on the way. Repeat and repeat. There are plenty of other spaces for the families with kids to be. The small adult pool is literally the only quiet place here. If I were looking at owning here, this is one thing that would be in the negative column. It would make me reconsider. There are shaded cabanas by this pool as well as the other pools. On our last day there, the cabana was rented to a family with small children. Again, this is the quiet pool. Couples go elsewhere!

Dukes Restaurant - go elsewhere...busy because of location. Salads were not served as they were presented in menu.

Nice walking boardwalk on the property headed south.

Go Maui has a nice service that delivered our groceries prior to our arrival.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family