“Fun Day”

Luckey Strike Charters
Reviewed July 30, 2016

I brought my 2 children ages 10 and 12 for a 6 hour trip. My children may be a little unusual in that this was what they were looking forward to most on our first trip to Hawaii.
Brad and Sammy did a great job getting the kids fish. The 10 year old girl had a line out just for her- and she pulled in 3 small tuna-perfect size for her.
My 12 year old boy pulled in a mahi and ono, and I got an ono and tuna.
we all had a wonderful time.
I would certainly go on the Luckey Strike 2 on a future trip.

All reviews
in 12 reviews
"rods"
"trolling"

Reviewed June 28, 2016 via mobile

Went fishing with these guys and didn't catch anything for 8 hours. It was an expensive boat ride! Kinda like hiring a contractor who doesn't do any contracting!

Reviewed June 8, 2016

Be sure to request Capt. Tad ("It's hard to say and not know") and be ready for an early departure at zero-dark thirty. Enjoy the short trip under the Maui stars as the sun rises...beautiful. Right at daybreak, you will be going for mackerel or other baitfish as the Capt. chases the bait-ball schools of fish.

With some mackerel wearing proper "seatbelts" the fishing begins using some sophisticated trolling equipment. Be ready for some fun fighting fish! Tuna and Amberjack made our day.- no luck on a Mahi Mahi. These fish do fight and provide a good challenge for a strong teen fisherman. Our Crew was Garrett, another experienced fisherman who does a lot of the work for you. Be prepared to come back with some nicely cleaned fish filets/steaks thanks to a skilled Garrett and fire up the grill. Fish on!

Reviewed March 4, 2016

Booked on a 6 hour shared trip. Capt. Brad & deck hand Sammy were very accomodating. Wasn't a real productive day with only 1 Ono and two bites. But still enjoyed the trip a lot. This was our 2nd time with Luckey Strike II and I know that we'll be back for a third!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 26, 2016

So the Boat and crew were great and we did catch 3 fish for the day so it by no means was a total loss of a day.....But....what was very disappointing was the number of rods that we fished and how it worked. I was in Maui for a family trip with my Wife's side of our family and I surprised the men, young and old with a trip out on the Lucky Strike II, we did a private 8 hour charter for 8 people total. I was informed by Lucky Strike that by regulation we could only fish 6 poles at a time and would have to rotate and I/we were 100% fine with that set up but I was very surprised when we only fished 3 poles all day long, 2 trolling on the surface and 1 on the Down Rigger and as luck would have it the only pole that produced all day was the Down Rigger and although the boat is big and roomy for some reason it is only set up with a single Down Rigger. Not sure why they don't have one on each side? if they did and we could have fished 2 Down Riggers it would have been OK but 1 pole for 8 people just wasn't a very good set up for a boat like that.

4  Thank Carl J