“Interesting good food, great service and affordable!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Star Noodle
Ranked #14 of 262 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Asian, Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving Fresh House Made Noodles & Asian Specialties.
Elburn, Illinois
“Interesting good food, great service and affordable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

My husband and I went to Star Noodle the 1st evening we were on Maui based on location to where we were staying but also Trip Advisor reviews. There was about a 40 minute wait when we got there but we ate at the bar and only waited a couple of minutes for those seats. Bartender was great at explaining the menu and we enjoyed sitting at the bar area. We ordered Singapore Noodles, Yakatori Chicken and Malasadas for dessert. We shared everything. I loved the flavor and moisture of the Yakatori Chicken. The dessert was also very good and unique. Different than the donut type desserts you see at Chinese places. Noodles also very good and was large portion so we could share. The Yakatori Chicken is bit small to split but since we had other things it was no big deal.... that is the reason it is so cheap. If I went back I would order the Yakatori Chicken x 2 and then try another noddle dish. Overall I really enjoyed my time here and so did my husband. He would have convinced me to go back a 2nd time but we made rule ahead of time to try different places each meal.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank kariensean

• Korean first
Ashland, Oregon
“Very Enjoyable Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Hubby and I visited the Star Noodle the second week of March, based on reports given on chowhound.com, and were not disappointed. We ordered two appetizers: the pork buns and the tempura *colossal* shrimp (isn't that an oxymoron?). The shrimp were enormous, covered in a wonderful tempura batter and served with a delicious sauce, although there was very little of it on the plate. Would have enjoyed more. I didn't care for the pork buns (much too much breading for my taste) but hubby liked them. Then we shared a bowl of pho. This is not my hubby's favorite cuisine, but I love it so he indulges me. He enjoys Mexican fare and I hate it, so there you go. So if he's paying, it's Mexican; if I'm buying, it's Chinese or Pan Asian...tee hee. Arrive early as Star Noodle does fill up fast. And find out on a map where it is located, as it is a little tricky to find.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
“Food highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Star Noodle was the last meal we had in Maui before departing for home. We arrived when the first opened for lunch and glad we did. The place was packed shortly after, and a large group of people were waiting for tables an hour later when we left. My wife and I sat at the bar for our meal. Dane, the bartender was very friendly and did a great job of educating us on the menu and helping us make selections. Food was awesome, and we ordered plenty of it. We ordered several dishes, our favorite by far was a a noodle dish with Spam in it that was delicious. Only regret was that we didn't discover this gem earlier in our stay so that we could have been repeat customers.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Friday Harbor, Washington
“Favorite Restaraunt On Maui”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

What a unique spot for pan asian food! Delicious, good quantities and relatively inexpensive for Maui. Try the Pork buns, or any of the noodle dishes. Also the tempura prawn starters are huge and delicious. Leave room for the "donuts" - sorry cannot remember the name. We went here two nights in a row we liked it so much. A little out of the way in Lahaina but worth the short drive across the highway.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Travel_Pin_Man
Bend, Oregon
“YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

Busy in evening..love it for lunch! It's really good! Like to sit at bar at lunch for an excellent meal!

Visited March 2012

Been to Star Noodle? Share your experiences!