“Still terrific”

Honokowai Okazuya & Deli
Ranked #29 of 293 Restaurants in Lahaina
Cuisines: Hawaiian
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I first ate here 18 years ago. We asked the staff at the Hyatt where they liked to eat and were told of this place. A hole in the wall in a neighborhood strip mall, it hasn’t changed much over the years. We had the best Lemon caper Mahi Mahi dinner, and 18 years later, it is only improved by being offered fresh stir fried veggies as a substitute for the Mac salad side. I don’t generally eat white rice, but theirs is so delicious, I ate the entire serving. The price is very reasonable. Eating on site is either outside on the sidewalk, or at a counter attached to the wall. We took ours back to the condo.

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

I was craving vegetables and their veggie stir fry was great. I also had the egg rolls which were good. My husband had the bbq chicken and that was just ok, more like grilled chicken, but we would go back for sure.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 12, 2018

Fast service but few places to eat. Best to take out. Very popular. In a strip mall with a fish place a few doors down that has great ceviche and fresh fishl

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We tried this place on a whim and ordered the teriyaki steak (medium) with macaroni, and the mahi mahi. It was delicious! In fact, it was so good I ate there 4 nights in a row. Everything was good.

Their $16 teriyaki steak is much better than Duke’s $45 New York strip.

1  Thank cptsmuggs
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

This unassuming place is located in a strip mall. The cash only take out features excellent "world famous" dishes such as mahi mahi lemon caper saute, beef black bean chow Fun and others. Your meal comes with rice, Mac salad, or stir fried veggies. There is a counter seating inside but it is hot inside with the cooking kitchen in full view. Outside there are two patio tables. Your best option is take it with you. I think the place is very consistent in the food. Arthurio pictured with me was cooking here 4 years ago. We ordered the Korean BBQ chicken and panko Mahi mahi sandwich. .. really good.

Date of visit: September 2018