“Great Condos, walking distance from downtown Lahaina”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 27 April 2012

this Outrigger location is amazing. No need to move your car for dinner or beach since this is a block away from the famous Front Street in Lahaina. All the restaurants, beaches and shopping within walking distance. The complex has 2 great pools with plenty of sunny and shaded lounge chairs. The larger pool has 4 cabanas that are perfect for nap time.
The condo is fine, very noisy. The bathroom windows face the main hallways so all you hear are toilets flushing and showers running. Kinda funny! Interiors are upgraded with slate floors and each room has an A/C unit to control temp. Overall a great location.
Note that parking costs $15 per day.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joemarie
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Aloha Joemarie,

I agree the location of this property is pretty amazing. Thank you for your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Outrigger Aina Nalu.

There are newer reviews for Aina Nalu

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at the Outrigger in Dec/Jan 2012 in a two bedroom/bathroom condo, at the time of my booking (10 months in advance) I requested the bedding to be 2 singles and 1 queen and again requested this closer to our arrival, only to be given 1 queen and 1 king. I wasn't happy about this nor were my two teenagers who had to share a bed! I did complain but unfortunately it fell on deaf ear! I found the staff not helpful and uninterested. We were charged for parking even though we didn't use the car park and a refund was given.

As for the condo it was clean, modern and well equipped especially having the washer and dryer. The condo did lack natural light and was dark inside. The pool areas are great and the grounds well keeped. The location is fantastic with walking distance to many wonderful restaurants. It is easy to drive to from the airport. Lahaina and its surrounding areas are lovely.

I Would of given 4 stars for my overall rating but unfortunately due to the staffs lack of concern and attitude can only give 3 :(

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank whatthe111111

Aloha whatthe111111,

thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay for the most part. It is unfortunate we were not able to meet your requests in regard to your bedding preferences. Unfortunately we have a limited number of units with 2 single beds and although we do try to meet guests requests whenever possible sometimes we are not able to.

We would love to welcome you back to Maui again. Please let me know if you need any assistance with future reservations at the Outrigger Aina Nalu.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Our family had used this condo last year when we went to Maui. Our unit was like brand new. Everything was in perfect working order. The location is very good and quite. We have no complaint about the unit that we were in. The only thing I wish we didn't have to pay extra was parking. When we were there it was $10.00 a day for parking. But if you can find a spot on the street than great.

We really like the washer and dryer in the unit because with two young boys at the beach every day we really needs that.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kqvo

Aloha kqvo,

thank you for your kind review. The washer and dryer can definitely come in handy travelling with children.

We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Outrigger has got all facilities needed, great pool area, barbecue possibilities (if you are tired of restaurant food) and the fact that the hotel is centrally located in Lahaina is a great combination.

However if your focus is on cleaning, great concierge service then you should choose another alternative.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Aloha Journeyma,

thank you for your review. The Outrigger Aina Nalu is a great value for all the reasons you listed and more.

If you would like to email me, I would be interested in hearing more about the issues you had with cleaning and the concierge service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We stayed 5 nights in April and found the self-contained style apartment/condo fine. Obviously being that the apartments are self-contained housekeeping is not as frequent as one might be used to however, laundry facilities are available in each room and we were provided with sufficient towels (for 2 people) in our bathroom for the duration of our stay. The location is great with only a short walk required to reach downtown Lahaina with its many restaurants, shops, tourist outlets and the harbour. Two criticisms: 1) the $15 a night fee that Aina Nalu charge for parking a car is ridiculous and 2) on two occasions when having a shower late in the evening (after 9:30pm) we had little to no hot water which was annoying.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Buddy74
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Aloha Buddy74,

thank you for your review. In regard to housekeeping we are responding to guest comments and moving toward offering more of a home away from home stay and limiting guest interruptions. Having a washer and dryer in the unit, definitely enhances the guest stay in promoting this home like quality.

We also enjoy that it is a short walk to many shops, restaurants and activities. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us as we look forward to having you visit again.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We love the Aina Nalu! My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in 2010. The location is PERFECT. You’re within walking distance to downtown Lahaina, the dock, and restaurants. Keep in mind these units are condos, so they may not have the frequent housekeeping you are use to. Although, our unit had beyond everything we could ask for..such as a full kitchen and all the kitchen items you would ever need. Oh, did I mention we got a complimentary upgrade?! My family is already booked for another unit at the Aina Nalu for later this year. We love the location, the two pools, the hot tub, the available grills, cabanas..we love everything!..no complaints!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nomealaska

Aloha nomealaska,

Thank you so much for your positive review! Please let me know if you need any assistance with your next stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again this year.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Aina Nalu is located adjacent to the shops, restaurants and attractions in old Lahaina town. Most of the top tourist locations are within walking distance—or just a short car trip away. The rooms I saw have been nicely updated (the resort itself is relatively old) and the pool areas are very, very nice. That said, I don’t recommend the resort. There are a number of significant issues that will interfere with a pleasant stay. First (and inexplicably) is the fact that the rooms offer essentially no usable outside lanai space. The second-story rooms have a lanai that is literally less than three feet deep. They are too small for a chair, let alone a recliner. The first-floor rooms are worse. This is absurd in Hawaii where outside space is so important. Second, make sure you know that this is NOT a beach resort. You will walk at least 15 minutes to a decent albeit crowded beach. More probably, you’ll need to drive. The pools are small and are no substitute for the ocean. After all, why do you come to Hawaii? Third, almost all the rooms look out on parking lots. The design of this complex is puzzling in its deficiencies. Fourth, airflow through the rooms is poor and the air conditioning (at least in the unit I rented) is noisy and barely functional. I was looking at buying a condo in this complex because I liked the location so much. I wanted to stay before plunking down the money. I am SO glad that I did. Not only would I never consider buying a unit here . . . I wouldn’t even want to come back for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo