“Excellent accommodations!”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Room Tip: The one bedroom facing the large infinity pool most accommodating for the two of us. Be ready to co...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jane C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed here for 6 nights beginning of May, and our experience was good overall. There is no daily maid service, but room was clean and comfortable when we arrived. Laundry soap was delivered fairly promptly after I called to request more. The pool areas are nice, and the location is super close to shops and restaruants. There is a decent beach a few minutes away, but the best one is about a 5-10 minute drive away, by the westin hotel. We had a great time in Lahaina and elsewhere, and this condo is situated in the perfect spot. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LMRD
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed there for our first ever trip to Maui over Easter 2012. This was our first really big family vacation (other than Disneyland) with our 5 yr old daughter so our expectations were high. Here, in point form is what I thought of the hotel:

The Room:
Good - It was clean and despite leaving out a few things over night, we never got any of the sugar ants, which I think is pretty lucky. The kitchen & bathroom were extremely clean and felt quite updated. The carpet was worn but clean. Having laundry access means a) clothes can be kept clean and b) you don't need to pack near as much. It was something I didn't think we would use and I ended up loving it. It was also fairly spacious - even with the sofa bed pulled out, it didn't feel cramped.
Bad - the A/C units are so antiquated that it was impossible to sleep with them on, which would have been a HUGE issue if it had been any warmer. If we slept with them off, we heard every little noise, including the constant yelling at a crying child in the unit below us. I definitely did not have a good night sleep.

Pools:
Good - the pools are really nice. The little pool has a great atmosphere and we found our time down there very enjoyable. There is ample shade with all the foliage surrounding it and despite the quick drop off, our daughter really enjoyed swimming there. The big pool has a more even depth and was easier for her to navigate, being a new swimmer.
Bad - there are nowhere near enough pool loungers at the big pool. Where the heck are the bathrooms?? I find it a bit shocking that they don't have some sort of pool bathrooms given there are so many little kids around. Really, if you want to promote children getting OUT of the pool to pee, it's a good idea.

Location:
Good - walking distance from Front street. You could not ask for a better location in Lahaina. Every day, after we came back from our adventures and had spent time at the pool, we wandered around town. One day it was just my daughter and myself and I never felt unsafe.
Bad - nada. It really is the best location you could ask for.

Housekeeping:
Good - ?? I have nothing so say because we NEVER had our room made up, not once.
Bad - Oh, the list!! We called 2x on our 2nd & 3rd days to get more coffee and it NEVER materialized. I was prepared to have our room tidied up once or maybe twice but it was not touched even 1 time. That's a lot of sand to bring into the carpet, despite our best efforts to keep it out. In order to replenish items we had run out of, we either asked at the front desk or one day, we happened upon the housekeeping staff in their storage room. I am happy to do my laundry, including our bath towels but I need detergent for that to happen. I was REALLY disappointed with that aspect of the hotel. It also appeared it was up to everyone to empty their own garbage bins so consequently, the cans around the property were often over-flowing.

Other than that, check in & check out was easy. I like how they have the little island info kit for the kids and providing the cloth shopping bag was a nice touch given we had no idea most stores don't hand them out. Having ExpediaLocal on-site was also nice. There was no time share sales pitch - although there was an offer to get money off our tours if we went to one. We declined and that was the end of it, no pressure. All the staff we encountered were pleasant. Parking is a bit expensive, given the weekly rates for a lot across the street were less but slightly less convenient when packing all the beach gear down to the car. The only thing that bugged me was the lack of recycling but I understand that is an island-wide issue so I can't really hold them accountable for that.

Room Tip: The walls are a bit thin so it may be better to be on the upper floor so you don't hear people w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Kim B
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stayed in a one-bedroom, one-bathroom condo for 3 nights. It is a very well kept, clean place and front desk service was very friendly.

Location: this place is 2 blocks away from front street - short walk. This place is just far enough so that it's quiet around the hotel area, but close enough to walk to front street. It is also about a 10 min drive to whalers village (shopping centre).

Be aware they do charge $15/night parking fee - but can park on the street for free if you find a spot.

Overall, this place is well-kept, very clean, great location - walking distance to downtown Lahaina.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jules D
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2012

Aloha Jules D,

thank you for your review. I'll be sure to pass along your compliment to the Front Desk staff.

oan@outrigger.com

Reviewed 1 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights for our anniversary. I don't like big resorts and this was perfect! It had a living room, kitchen, bedroom and wonderful bathroom with washer and dryer. I was able to save my food and eat it the next morning saving money for breakfast. I liked that I could do laundry and not pack as many clothes since we also had other destinations to go to. The salt water pool was perfect. We stayed on a bottom level that walked out to the pool and it was quiet and a cute view. Short walking distance to all the shops of Lahaina and to catch a boat the next morning to Lanai. It was the perfect location for all we wanted to do.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Merrigypsy
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We were comp upgraded and the room we were in was a one bedroom condo style home. It was beautiful and clean. Came with washer and dryer though we really didnt need it as well as everything you need in a kitchen. Everything is really close and walking distance if you plan on chillin in lahaina the whole time. Parking costs 15 bucks a night or something, but we never paid since parking on the street is free.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shanelle M
AinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Aloha Shanelle M,

I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Outrigger Aina Nalu. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

this Outrigger location is amazing. No need to move your car for dinner or beach since this is a block away from the famous Front Street in Lahaina. All the restaurants, beaches and shopping within walking distance. The complex has 2 great pools with plenty of sunny and shaded lounge chairs. The larger pool has 4 cabanas that are perfect for nap time.
The condo is fine, very noisy. The bathroom windows face the main hallways so all you hear are toilets flushing and showers running. Kinda funny! Interiors are upgraded with slate floors and each room has an A/C unit to control temp. Overall a great location.
Note that parking costs $15 per day.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joemarie

Aloha Joemarie,

I agree the location of this property is pretty amazing. Thank you for your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Outrigger Aina Nalu.

Guest Relations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
6.9 km away
21.4 km away
Maui Seaside Hotel
Maui Seaside Hotel
#2 of 3 in Kahului

Been to Aina Nalu? Share your experiences!