1,246 results
All reviewsfront streetparking feethe salt water poolwasher and dryercleaning feetwo blocksliving roomwithin walking distancefull kitchenper daylarger poolhot tubdowntown lahainaair conditionerrestaurants and shopsthe banyan treegrocery store
Reviewed June 7, 2012

My family and I have rented several rooms at a time on a few seperate occasions at this Outrigger. None of us have ever been disappointed! Since our first stay five years ago they've improved a few things. We loved the additional pool and outdoor kitchen lounge area, having spent a sufficient amount of time there. It's a laid back place, great for families with or without children. The area has the same feel, not the hustle-bustle youll find on Front Street but just a brief walk away. The grounds are clean, beatifully landscaped and well maintained as are each of the rooms I've encountered. My only issue was the staff and their 'policy' at check in. The manager was rude and unaccomadating while the other staff who seemed aware of this, more than made up for it. Ultimately, my family and I would definitley stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank gina365
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Aloha gina365,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree the Outrigger Aina Nalu is a relaxing location right off the hustle and bustle of Front Street.

Please contact me if you need any assistance in booking your next stay or if you would like to provide more insight to your stay.

Michelle Finn
Guest Relations
oan@outrigger.com

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Excellent for five on a long stay. Walk to shopping and shave ice. It's our home away from home. Fully equipped condos with everything you need. Great pools, BBQ, and landscaping. For a long stay, buy bikes at Kmart and lock them up in the bike shack for the next trip. We won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Maddaway
Reviewed June 3, 2012

If your looking for a clean room this is not the place to stay.The sheets and blankets were stained and felt dirty. There was also many different types of bugs in the room. We could not leave any food items on the counter tops in fear that we would be infested in the morning. It was a little noisy at night as well. But, the location of the hotel is excellent. Front Street is with in walking distance.You can park for free at your own risk on the street.

Room Tip: You can park for free at your own risk on the street.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank dani w
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Just flew back home tonite and couldn't help but wish we stayed at a nicer place and made our Maui trip a little nicer. It's not that the Aina Nalu is not nice, it is definitely showing wear and it felt like we were living in someone's apartment (small apt).

The negative:
Upon entering the condo, you can't help but notice how dark and din it is. The counter next to the stove had a large chip in it. When I tried to put juice in the fridge door, the shelf broke off, it had a crack in it. The hair dryer didn't work, tried multiple outlets. We told management and they gave me another hair dryer to use but didn't fix the fridge. we put the shelf on top of the fridge and after a while, I think the shelf is behind the fridge now (management, this is room C-105). My husband complained that the living room tv was tiny and not flat screen. Although the tv in the bedroom is flat screen, it was low resolution, not HD. The front desk women were not very nice or welcoming, there was no aloha on arrival. Maxine checked us in and she seemed to want to get rid of me. I came back to ask Lala a question on a different day and she pretended she didn't notice me until I asked her something. We had a first floor condo facing the big pool area and the first night we were there, there was a large LOUD party. I waited til 10PM and called security and they quickly quieted everyone down. We were jetlagged and could not sleep. The $15/day parking is really annoying and you're not allowed to pay one day at a time, once you decide you want it, you have to pay for it the entire stay. I guess they know that once your figure out you can park on the street and how to do it, you might want your money back. Oh well, it was more convenient. It is not central A/C but one of those ones you install in the wall, so not the strongest thing and it was very loud.

The positive:
Great location about two short blocks to front street. This is nice because you can come home from your activities, shower and just walk to front street for dinner. Although our favorite places to eat in Lahaina needed a drive (Star Noodle and Aloha Mixed Plate). Cheeseburger in Paradise and Lahaina Pizza company were just ok. About a block from the hotel is a souvenir outlet shop with great gifts at low prices. The bathroom is nicely decorated with stone. The washer and dryer were great, key to getting laundry done daily, which is especially important with wet beach towels and a baby. Coming home, we had very little laundry to do. We wish they had given us detergent on the day we asked for it and not a day later. The cabanas by the pool were awesome. I loved lying in one with my 8 month old while he rolled and crawled around. One benefit of an uncrowded resort is that there was always one of the cabanas open and they were free to use. Bourbon, one of the hotel guys walking around was very friendly and he even remembered my name after our first encounter. Cheers to Bourbon for his aloha spirit. The Expedia people at the pool are really nice. Derek helped print out some of my vouchers and he is very pleasant. The internet worked well but it was not wireless in the rooms, which is annoying, because then you can only surf the net in the living room, that is where the wire is. At least it was free.

Some tips: Honolua Bay has the best snorkeling. Right side of Bay, about halfway out of the bay is the best coral, saw moray eel and large large fish. Also 15 turtles if you can swim all the way out to the edge of the Bay. Ka'anapali Beach is really nice, but hard to find parking and Snorkeling at Black Rock is easier but does not compare to Honolua Bay. Kapalua Bay snorkeling is easy, nicest Beach in term of amenities and the coral is smack in the middle of the Bay near shore. Best food: Aloha Mixed Plate, Star Noodle in Lahaina. The Crab club at Cafe O'Lei is really good in Kihei. The Maluaka Beach is awesome, it is down by Makena Resort in Wailea; 2 turtles swam up to the beach when we went.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank msylee22
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Although this is our third time staying at the Aina, I think we will try a different property on our next visit. This complex is ideally located, just three blocks from Front St. The grounds are well maintained and include two pools and a clubhouse. However, all of the units appear to be decorated the same, dark amd dingy. The furniture is uncomfortable and the kitchen and bathroom floors (including the showers) are covered in rough stone. Bring a pair of flip flops because the tile flooring is hard on the feet and the carpeting will soil your socks. There was an ant infestation in the smaller bathroom and bedroom but Maui Beachfront sent someone from pest control within hours of being notified.

Parking on the grounds costs $15 per day and you have to buy a permit for your entire stay, no daily permits allowed. Save money by either parking on the street in front of the complex or using one of the two lots on the corner of Wainee and Dickenson which charge $12 per 24 hours, including tax. We were able to park on the street 12 of 13 nights.

We rented this unit from Maui Beachfront Rentals and they continue to treat custmer service with a low priority. They overcharged us on the deposit and later forced through the remaining balance onto a credit card of ours that had been stolen and canceled even though we provided a different card number. They corrected the deposit error but not the charge to the stolen card.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple