1,246 results
All reviewsfront streetparking feethe salt water poolwasher and dryercleaning feetwo blocksliving roomwithin walking distancefull kitchenper daylarger poolhot tubdowntown lahainaboth bedroomsthe banyan treegrocery storeceiling fan
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We stayed there the begining of May, 2012 for 5 days. I thought staff was nice, check in went smoothly.
We had a one bedroom. The main problem was the musty odor. I am not bothered by it and it disapates with air conditioning which does rattle. Although some rattle was was the shades above the air conditioner.
I did not ask for room cleaning so I cannot comment but my wife hates staying where the beds are not not made by the staff each day and the the room vacumed each day. Oh well.

This is a very very convenient location. You walk further to get your luggage at LAX then from this place to front street. I liked the grounds, did not use the pool but went to a beach. Expedia concierge was great.
Most of the grievences about noise, tv's, etc. may or may not be true about your stay, but these problems tend to be room specific. Our room abutted the parking lot and we never heard any noise.
Parking is 15 dollars but the cost is not hidden and you can park on street. I figured with a 500 deductable on my car insurance, I would pay to park and avoid problems. BTW its cheaper to rent a car then to take ground transport from airport.
This was my first and last trip to Hawaii. It's expensive, far away, very pretty in spots, expensvie (did I say that already?) We went to attend our son's wedding or would not have gone.
Did bike ride down mountain with sunrise, trip to Hana, aquarium, walked around. I would rather go to Europe.

Room Tip: Don't get efficency, it is quite small.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Aloha Keevin,

thank you for taking the time to review the Outrigger Aina Nalu. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I frankly expected more from an "Outrigger" Hotel. The ratings contained here prior to booking read pretty well however I was far from impressed. Check in staff appeared lazy, uninterested and most unprofessional - this should have alerted me to what was to come. The studio room was very poorly designed, had enormous amounts of cupboard space in the kitchenette area (for those who might want a kitchenette, but strangely very little storeage in the main living area. A very small closet area for hanging clothes situated in the bathroom had barely enough for one let alone two persons. Lighting in the entire room and specifically the bathroom was extremely poor - my wife particularly had difficiuity with make up etc. The bedding was most interesting in that the queen bed ran along the complete lenght of the bedhead that was fixed to the wall i.e the long side of the bed was against the bedhead !! The A/C unit was old and extremely noisy - was OK to cool the room but there was no way one could sleep with the A/C on. In fact the noise of the A/C next door kept me awake till 4.00am. Rooms are not servised daily.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel !
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BigMac2626

Aloha BigMac2626,

Thank you for your review. We apologize that our studio unit did not meet your needs. The design of the studio units are cozy and perhaps a 1 bedroom unit would meed your next stays needs.

Unfortunately our buildings were not designed to offer central air conditioning. For guests that are used to central air, this may seem a little loud to them.

Please contact me when booking your next stay and I may be able to guide you toward a unit that would better suit your needs.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We first stayed here 2 years ago and loved it so much we booked again for this year's vacation. We booked a 2bdrm/2ba for both stays. Our first stay, we booked through Expedia and everything from room quality to customer service were top notch. Clearly something has changed since our last stay. Our recent stay, we booked through Costco travel. Here is a detailed review:

Cleanliness: during our recent stay, we had to change rooms twice before finally settling on a room that was acceptable. First room we were given smelled like urine, as soon as we walked in the odor hit us in the face. The second room we were given was infested with ants all over the guest bathroom toilet and shower. The last room we finally settled on was missing 5 beach towels. When I went to the front desk to report that the towels were missing, the woman at the front desk was less than cordial about it. I guess she thought it was our fault the towels were missing?

Location: this is probably our favorite part about staying at this condo. It is close to Front Street, so all of the food and shops are within close walking distance. There is a $15/night parking fee to park at the hotel with plenty of parking spaces for the guests. We were able to park right by our room every day.

Customer service: Poor to mediocre. Rather than being helpful, the front desk staff seem to be more defensive about any issues with had.

Room decor: nice bathrooms. Appliances were updated and decent enough, although the fridge seemed to take a long time to cool even when set to maximum. Toaster was damaged. Flat panel tvs in all rooms, but are outdated. The grounds are also beginning to look dated, the wooden decks are getting creaky.

Conclusion: probably won't stay here again unless they they make some significant changes with room renovations and front desk staff.

• Stayed: June 2012

Aloha Chardbroiled,

thank you for taking time to post a review. We here at the Aina Nalu are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. Please contact me directly to discuss the problems that arose during your stay.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Like one of the other reviews on here, you get what you pay for. I was under the impression that this was a fullon hotel, (maybe I should have done more research), but what it actually is are condos that are individually owned and then rented out by outrigger as vacation rentals. There was no room service, no maid service and one one there to speak to after 10, after 10 the only option was to contact security. housekeeping is only there until 5pm and front desk associates are only there until 10pm.

we checked in pretty late on day 1 as we were out and about enjoying the island before we checked in. We ended up arriving at aina nalu just before 5, we checked in, showered and then headed to dinner. we were back about 9pm and were about to hop into bed when we noticed that the sheets were not only stained, but they also had someone's foundation smeared on them (i don't wear foundation) and had someone else's hair all over them. fun. i left a msg for housekeeping to address this the next day, but never heard back, i called housekeeping again the next day before they were gone for the day and was told it would be taken care of. it was. but really, foundation, stains and hair - that's pretty nasty.

pros -
washer and dryer in unit was great, being an adventurous couple we were doing laundry almost daily
kitchen was a plus, it's nice to have the option to cook for yourself
kitchen was very well equipped
near downtown shopping and restaurants

cons -
agree front desk staff not very friendly
parking - really? i travel for work alot and have hardly ever had to pay for parking, thank goodness we were able to find street parking in front of the hotel each day.
dirty bedding
lots of families there the week we were there, it can be loud
walls are pretty thin

would we stay here again? def not

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevenfaze v

Aloha stevenfaze v,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Please allow me to apologize that it wasn't communicated to you that this property is a condominium and not a hotel. Although there are similarities between the Outrigger Aina Nalu and some hotels, there are many different services such as some of the ones you named in your review that a condominium property does not offer.

I'm sorry you had a hard time with the parking charges as most properties in Lahaina do have parking fees.

Please contact me to review your stay.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

A single female in my 60's I stayed 3 nights at Aina Nalu during my 'trip of a lifetime' to Hawaii. Felt completely safe at all times. Very impressed with my 1-bed garden view apt - the kitchen is smaller than mine at home but much better equipped. Loved the shower - of course the floor was hard on the feet, it's made of stone! Really unusual. Bed was clean and comfortable. Liked the complimentary washer + dryer (had to pay at all the other places I stayed). Both pools spotless and a real treat after a hot day out exploring and shopping. Great vews of the mountains made a change from a sea view. I knew how much the parking was and put up with it as it was great not to have to search for a space - the street outside was constantly full anyway, day or night. On the whole a great place to stay, and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Aloha Westonblue,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the property. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in future bookings at the Outrigger Aina Nalu.