Our family of five stayed at the Outrigger Aina Nalu for 5 nights in June. We chose the Aina Nalu based on reviews and photos on tripadvisor, and we were not disappointed!
*** However, the neighborhood and our first impressions of the exterior of the property were not so good. The street that the Aina Nalu is on is a mixed use street just behind (inland) from the bulk of the activity in Lahaina, so we were a little leery when we approached the property. Our first impression of the Ainu Nalu itself was that of a large, older (kind of run down) apartment complex. So we were very relieved that the interiors and the common areas around the pools were so nice! ***
Our condos and the pool areas of the property look modern and stylish (almost swanky). Everything is decorated in stone, dark woods, and soothing shapes. We were pleased with the space and furnishings of our two bedroom condo, as well as the location. Our unit was on the first floor facing the pool, which was very convenient.
Our building was quiet. We didn't experience noise from traffic that some others reported. From the property map that we were given, we could see that some units are pretty close to a busy street behind the Aina Nalu. The resort was comfortably busy, but it didn't appear to be any where near full capacity...it would seem like you would be able to get an "interior" unit if you request it.
If you like to walk, the property is located close to almost everything in Lahaina. We walked with three elementary aged children to restaurants, shopping (including groceries and the post office), and even to our surfing lessons. We drove to the Old Lahaina Luau because it's a little farther and part of the walk is on a hot/unshaded, busy street.
We made day trips to Ka'anapali, Kapalua and Wailea, and we were so happy to come home to the Aina Nalu. Those areas are absolutely beautiful (the beaches are amazing!), but they are also very "resorty," which is not our style. Very manicured, very crowded. We really felt that the Aina Nalu was an great value for the spaciousness and quality of the accommodations and the central, authentic location of the property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aina Nalu(R) Lahaina by Outrigger(R) is a very special Lahaina hotel, an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Maui's historic Lahaina Town just a short stroll from the art galleries and bistros on colorful Front Street. The award-winning design of these residential-style Lahaina hotel vacation rentals is reflected in appealing details of Asian-inspired room decor, a sleek infinity pool, an elegant poolside pavilion, and cozy garden gazebos. This private hotel condo tucked away in a quiet neighborhood setting is a serene alternative to the Lahaina hotels on the busy waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Aina Nalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort
- Aina Nalu Resort
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Aina Nalu Maui/Lahaina