“Aina Nalu was Perfect!”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 15 January 2007

Two bedrooms, two baths, living room and kitchen, washer and dryer...what more could you want? Oh, three TV's...broadband cable. Spent 12 days there.

The new pool isn't in yet but the old one was just as wet.

VERY NICE and close to Lahaina Town center, less than a minute walk to several great restaurants. Another 5 minutes or so and you can walk all the way down to Ruth's Chris!

Maid service is provided every day, if you just need towels or trash removal just let them know.

NO SMOKING in the rooms or "on the property", people have to go stand on the street. Very tacky if you ask me. People should be allowed to smoke outside, however, the state of Hawaii has passed ultra-restrictive laws.

Highly recommend it, great price and they will meet your every request.

Stayed: November 2006
6  Thank GMarsh
There are newer reviews for Aina Nalu

Reviewed 4 January 2007

I found this resort on United.com. I read all the reviews, which were mixed, but I decided to give it a chance. When we arrived there still was construction going on, but once we got into our room we were very pleased. 1st off they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom. Not that we needed one but it was still a nice offer. The rooms are very clean, nice furniture, and I LOVED the open showers. (Perhaps if you bring children the showers are not a good option but for us it worked out well.) It was always quiet, never any problems with construction noise. The walking distance to Front street was about 3 to 5 minutes. Which once again was perfect for that's where the shops, Ocean, and food are all located. If you are looking for a 5 star joint, keep going this is not it. If you are looking for more than just a hotel room with a bed then this would be a perfect option. Now as far as what to do...... We started with the ATV. It was fun but there was NO WATERFALLS, NO ANIMALS, and only 1 place to take nice pictures which is not what the brochure read. (FYI you will run into 100 discounted activities places, they make you go to a timeshare presentation in order to get the discount!!!) Next we did Snuba/ Snorkel. I suggest you try this one. It was great being able to go under the water and breathe. On the way back from snorkeling with the turtles we ran into a family of whales!!! ALL in all the trip was WONDERFUL, and I would return to this resort.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mrstobinwhite
Reviewed 29 November 2006

My husband and I, along with another couple, stayed in a 2 BR/ 2 BA condo at the Aina Nalu from 11/16-21 and we absolutely loved it!

They are currently remodeling the whole property, which makes the curbside impression not too attractive, but once you're greeted by the friendly staff, you'll feel at ease.

When we stepped into the condo and were pleasantly surprised. All of the furniture is brand new, as well as the appliances. Our bed was very comfortable. The bathrooms were beautiful, especially the showers!

They have a fully stocked kitchen (cooking supplies, plates, glasses, silverware) and washer/dryer in the unit.

The bedrooms are located on opposite sides of the unit, separated by the living room, so we never felt cramped. They have a nice flat screen TV in each room (not that you'd want to watch too much TV anyways!).

Housekeeping comes every day. We tipped them at the end of our stay.

The pool area is very nice with red lounge chairs that remind me of the cabanas at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

The location is perfect; only a block and a half away from Front Street in Lahaina. We walked to Front Street every day - no need to drive. If you're renting a car, they do offer parking. We never had any problems parking close to our unit.

All-in-all, we highly recommend staying at the Aina Nalu. You just can't beat the location and price.

And if you walk towards Front St, turn right out of the Aina Nalu and make a left turn onto Dickenson. There's a great restaurant called Lahaina Coolers which serves a delicious breakfast! We also hung out there (with the locals) at night. They serve real drinks for a better price than any restaurant on Front. We felt like Front St. waters down their cocktails! :)

Also, after 9pm or 10pm, there's a taco stand that opens on Dickenson - The best fish tacos served here after a long night out! They also have chicken and pork tacos which are very good too!

Hope you enjoy you stay as much as we did!

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DDSF24
Reviewed 7 October 2006

I am a resident of Hawaii and reside on Oahu. I decided to go to the annual Maui County Fair but couldn't decide where to stay. In the past, I've stayed in Kihei, Wailea, Kaanapali, Kahana & Kahului so decided to try Lahaina.

I called the property directly and took advantage of my Entertainment Card for a 2-bedroom/2 bath unit at 50% office the regular price.

I totally loved everything about this property. The staff was very friendly, location was terrific since it allowed me to walk along Front Street, parking on the property was reasonable, the unit was very up-to-date and newly redecorated. Overall, I simply had a great time in Maui largely due to this property.

I highly recommend this property to all island residents as well as mainland visitors.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
6  Thank KeikiGirl11
Reviewed 27 September 2006

I visited Maui in late August 2006 and stayed at the Outrigger Aina Nalu in Lahaina and it was absolutely positively a gorgeous facility.

First, when I passed by I thought there has got to be a mistake as the outside did not look too great because of the construction, but I adjusted fine because when I walked in I thought my God have I gone to heaven. The entire place was clean, neat and everything was brand spanking new.

My stay was in a 2 bedroom 2 bath with a kitchen and living room area, and there were no ants as some other reviews have stated.

Secondly, the lobby area is gorgeous and the staff was very friendly and accomodating also there is maid service daily.

Finally, please do not believe all the old reviews regarding this faciltiy as it has been completely overhauled and the new pool will be ready sometime in 2007 and it sits in a great location and there is much to do on and around Front St. Kaanappli is not far maybe 20 minutes away and Wailea is about 40 minutes away.

I plan on visiting Maui again next year and I will definitely be staying at the Aina Nalu.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo
4  Thank chenign
Reviewed 10 September 2006

My Husband and I recently stayed at the Aina Nalu Resort. 10 days 9 nights. I thought this condo was absolutely lovely. Just a couple blocks away from downtown Lahaina, close to all the food and shops you need.

Highlights;
We stayed in a two bedroom two bath unit. The decor was very classy and refreshing. The master bedroom (king bed) had a large closet to store suitcases and other junk and plenty of room to hang clothes. We also had a large 6 drawer dresser to put our clothes in. The room also has a very nice Dell flat screen TV. The bedrooms are very quiet, even with the construction on the unit across the courtyard we could barely hear it in the mornings. The master bath had a good sized linen closet, plenty of cabinet and drawer space around the sink. The shower was very roomy and relaxing. Housekeeping came in everyday and provided fresh towels in both bathrooms and kitchen.

The kitchen was fully equipped with refrigerator, electric stove and oven, microwave and dishwasher. Other appliances included; toaster, blender, and a 10 cup coffee maker. A large assortment of dishes are also provided, cups, tumblers, wine glasses, coffee mugs, plates large and small, bowls, storage containers, large salad bowl, 9 x13 baking dish, pots and pans. There was service for 8 and plenty of silverware and utensils for cooking. Salt and pepper, dishwasher soap, coffee, cream and sugar packets and laundry soap are provided. More available on request.

The kitchen had a 2 seater bar and the living room with a fold out couch w/ TV is directly off the kitchen.

The second bedroom (queen bed) also had a large closet with plenty of storage space for suitcases and other junk. There was also an ironing board and iron, spare pillows and an extra blanket located in the closet. There is not a dresser located in this room so our guests had to use the TV cabinet as a wardrobe closet.

The second bathroom was very large, good sized shower. Drawer and cabinet space around the sink. The washer and dryer are located in the second bathroom.

Some of the not so great highlights;
The construction is still not completed. The second pool is also not finished. We originally booked a 2 bdrm 2 bath w/ 2 king beds. We got 1 king 1 queen. No big deal. Also when we booked the unit the website mentioned bbq grills located by the pool. That would be the big pool that is not completed....so those are not available. Also there are some very very small ants that I noticed in the master bath and kitchen. Not a ton, not enough to gross me out, but they are there. When in the bathroom or kitchen the hall traffic can get rather noisy, to avoid being awakened in the middle of the night make sure you shut the door from the bathroom leading into your bedroom. We didn't have any problems but I can see how it could be an issue. When making any calls remember they charge you .99 per call local or not.

Overall,I thought the staff was very friendly and helpful. We parked in the lot @ 10.00 a day. Easier than trying to find something on the street and most local lots charge $2.00 per hr or 12 per day. I would stay there again, great place in a great location.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
7  Thank ,,,
Reviewed 9 September 2006

This property is an two-story older hotel that is being converted to higher end condos. The renovated rooms are fantastic. We were upgraded to a two bedroom suite that looked brand new. Large flatscreen televisions in two rooms with wi-fi internet access. A great kitchen with marble countertops, full size refrigerator, microwave, stove and a dishwasher. The decor was very tasteful- it reminded us of being in a Banana Republic store with lots of dark wood.

This hotel is two blocks from downtown Lahaina which has lots of cute shops, restaurants, galleries, etc. However, it is not near a beach. We had no problem with that since we had a car and had a blast going to beaches and other sites all over the island. Maui is small so you can get anywhere from Lahaina as a day trip.

Maui is unbelieveable. It has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world but it also has rain forests, mountains, and desert-like areas. One of the main state highways is is a gravel road for several miles. We have traveled quite a bit and have never been to a place like Maui. You will love it.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled as a couple