“Best Meal on Maui”
Review of Lahaina Grill

Lahaina Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Lahaina Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 293 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$60 - US$100
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Description: Open nightly from 5:30pm. Voted Best Maui Restaurant for 26 years in a row (1994-2019)! Featuring innovative, New American cuisine, Lahaina Grill uses techniques and flavors from around the world, all perfectly blended with the freshest ingredients cultivatedby Maui's local farms, dairies and surrounding waters.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate at many restaurants during our week in Maui. This was our best meal on Maui and one of our top meals ever. The food was wonderful and the service was outstanding. We smile every time we think about it. We were celebrating our 30th anniversary and they made us feel very special.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (3,503)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This year was the first time I have eaten here. And it was so good, I went back again. Much better than the meals I've had at Mama's Fishhouse. Both times I got the fish special with Opakapaka and risotto and some kind of sauce. I'd say it was the best fish entree I've ever had. It was so good. Was it woth the over $50 price tag, No, but nothing is. It is over priced, but in a place like Maui, you already know the top restaurants are going to be overpriced. We also tried the wagyu beef ravioli, it was devine. Had had the filet mignon, once again very good and also the slow braised boneless short rib. The meat was so tender and so good. I also thought the bread with chive butter was excellent.

For dessert , I had the sampler. The berry pie was good, but I wouldn't order it individually. We had the creme brulee and it was excellent. The road to hana was good. I really like the sunken chocolate cake and ordered that on the second visit. It is served warm but doesn't have the gooey center.

Overall, the most expensive dinner I've ever had, but the quality is there. Everything so good. If I lived there, I would have to go at least every 2 months. Definitely fit this place into your budget. It's worth the splurge.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've eaten at some good restaurants here in Maui, including Merriman's up in Kapalua, which you shouldn't miss; however, Lahaina Grill's kitchen really out do themselves. My "Lion's Paw" scallops were succulent with an exquisite sauce folded gently on the side and asparagus al dente in a soft cushion of whipped potatoes. And the Ahi Poke to kick it off was "to die for" and came in a portion generous enough to share. Unfortunately the building itself is under renovation so the restaurant is more or less hidden behind a large construction curtain...but inside you'll find a jewel of a dining experience awaiting you. The experience of any fine dining establishment begins with the staff and Lahaina Grill excels in the hospitality category! Don't miss it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a wonderful dinner to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary! The staff was so welcoming and attentive! They wished us a happy anniversary when we arrived, and they gave us a small intimate table. The server Salvatore (and his assistant) took great care of us. I was wearing a black dress, and I was impressed when they brought me a black dinner napkin before I even had a chance to ask. We started with the Wagyu beef ravioli appetizer, which was SO rich, flavorful and delicious! The beet salad was great too, and my husband really liked his Maui onion soup. For dinner, I LOVED the sautéed local mahi mahi, and it was garnished with Gorgonzola, pancetta and a Chardonnay beurre blanc sauce. Yum!!! My husband liked his tequila shrimp. The restaurant treated us to their infamous triple berry pie for dessert. I’m a baker and a chocolate lover, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the flavors of this pie - and the crust was so good!! The staff also took a complimentary photo of us and emailed us a digital copy as a memento. They also gave us an anniversary card signed by the entire staff - wow! They really made us feel special with a very memorable anniversary dinner! With so many great places to eat on Maui, we would go back to Lahaina again in a heartbeat! The food and service was top notch!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First and foremost, the staff is super. We had bunny taking care of us and it was a phenomenal experience. Everything we ate was incredible. Don’t miss the meatballs.

Date of visit: November 2018

Been to Lahaina Grill? Share your experiences!