“Living on old glories?”

Ranked #68 of 272 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$6 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy, Fast food
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: At Maui's Tacos, we've taken the best flavors of Mexico and fused them with the flavors of Aloha! A favorite for locals and tourists alike, Maui's Tacos serves Mexican cuisine with a Hawaiian twist. Join us for our famous fish tacos and our salsa bar.
Reviewed 22 April 2016

Don't get me wrong, the food is still fairly good, staff wonderful. But I have been going here for several years and the food is beginning to become OK versus sizzling hot burritos tacos rice and beans. Would I pick up a quick taco there sure-would I expect a true taste treat-not so much anymore.

Jeff E, Owner at Maui Tacos Napili, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

We're sorry to hear you haven't been as impressed with the food lately, and we appreciate you reaching out with this feedback. Everyone should be leaving happy with the burritos and tacos! We'd love another opportunity to show you we're still the same great place you remember.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

My kids ate here 3 times. We're from San Diego where Mexican food is plentiful, so my kids are picky. However the food was delicious and we enjoyed the salsa bar. Watch out, the hot salsa is really hot!!!

They have 1/2 price tacos and drinks from 3-6, if you sit at the small bar (4 seats). We never arrived at the right time, but seems like a good deal.

A lot of people order the 2 fish taco plate an split it. It comes with beans and rice, so there is a lot of food.

I had the mango salad. It was average. (ice burg lettuce and minimal toppings. It did not resemble the photo.) However, my kids ordered burritos and said they were great.

Jeff E, Owner at Maui Tacos Napili, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Hi, Debra! Glad you could join us for some tacos while you were here. Sorry the mango salad fell a bit short-it should look like that picture every time! but we're thrilled the burritos were a hit. If you're in the area again, we hope you'll stop by!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

They claim the best fish tacos on Maui and I can't argue with that. Perfect for lunch or take out for a low key night. Warning: they do get busy on the weekends but worth the wait.

Happy to hear you've been loving the fish tacos, Michelle! Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we're doing, and we'd love to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Stopped here after snorkeling in Napili Bay. Great friendly service and the fish taco was excellent. Lots of different types of salsa to try on the salsa bar. I have never had pineapple salsa and I'm glad I tried it. Awesome!

Jeff E, Owner at Maui Tacos Napili, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

So glad you were able to stop by after a snorkeling adventure, Mary! We appreciate your compliments on our service and our pineapple salsa. Hope to see you the next time you find yourself in Hawaii!

Reviewed 3 April 2016

When I was working on the Kapalua Ritz Carlton, our crew would go to Napili for lunch. With many little restaurants to choose from, I always seem to gravitate towards Maui Tacos. From My understanding this is the original Maui Tacos in their fast growing chain. ALL the food is good but I recommend that you "try-try" the fish tacos!! They have a HUGE salsa bar for your choosing from a tasty mild salsa to a mouth burning Habanero Pineapple salsa.

With Boise Idaho being the only mainland location, the next best thing is to buy their cookbook. It will reveal SOME of the secrets that make the food taste sooooo good. One of them that is not in the cookbook is that they marinate the chicken in Pineapple juice overnight, but ya didn't hear that from me.....LOL.

Jeff E, Owner at Maui Tacos Napili, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2016

It's wonderful to hear you're such a fan! Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think of the food, and it's great the salsa bar has been a hit. Hope you can stop by again soon!