“Dinner with a view”

Ranked #53 of 290 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: In the early days of the sugar plantations, lunch was a simple affair. Plantation workers gathered in the fields for their mid-day meal. The Japanese laborers would bring teriyaki beef with rice and pickled vegetables. Seated next to them might be their Filipino neighbors with the traditional dish adobo or perhaps a pork or chicken stew. The Koreans had their kalbi or marinated ribs and the Chinese a rice noodle and vegetable dish called chow fun. Hawaiians were known for their kalua pig, roasted in an underground oven called an imu. It wasn't long before they began to share their foods with one another and the "mixed plate" was born. Aloha Mixed Plate features true "Local" traditional plate lunches with open air seating directly on the ccean. We are open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

We arrived around 6:00 and asked for ocean view. Waited about 10 minutes and then we were seated with the best ocean view ever! This was one of our favorite places to eat in Maui. Our waitress was wonderful! She was very attentive and thoroughly explained everything we had questions about. I had the Mixed Plates and my husband had the Ali’i Plate and the Korean Fried Wings for an app. It was all great!! So fresh and flavorful! We highly recommend! If anything go for the ocean view!

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (4,659)

Reviewed November 10, 2018

My fiance and I stopped in here one rainy night and the staff was still very upbeat for how rainy it was! We both ordered the mixed plate since it was our first time having it and it was delicious!! I especially loved the beef. We also got the house made spamp musubi as an appetizer and I highly recommend. Next time we will come back in nicer weather to check out the amazing view!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed November 9, 2018

The outdoor dining spot is near the water and has good views. The menu wasn't as varied as I prefer and I felt it was a little overpriced.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

We found this gem on the way to Baby Beach and it also happened to be on my saved places to eat at. The ocean breeze and atmosphere make it amazing, but the food has to count for something too! My 2 year old loved the chow fun (so did I), the kailua pork was awesome, Caesar salad great, and make sure to ask about the fresh catch of the day because that was the table hit. Put this on your list to visit!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 8, 2018

You can't beat the location, and the recent remodel is great, but in our opinion the service and food slowly decline as the prices increase. The Saimin noodles were only OK and we were seated next to the waiter/buss station while other nicer tables were available. We're searching for a new casual late lunch, early dinner "go to" place in Lahaina.

Date of visit: October 2018