“Must Use Trilogy”
Review of Trilogy Excursions

Trilogy Excursions
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted #1 Sea Activity on Maui! Snorkeling, Sailing, Whale watches, Dinner Sails, Private charters, and most notably their "Discover Lana'i" excursion. Trilogy Excursions is a family-owned and operated sailing company established in 1973 by the Coon Family! They operate on both Maui and Lana'i and lead the industry in environmental stewardship, setting safety standards, and Hawaiian hospitality. They are committed to sustainable tourism and undergo an extensive certification process every two years to remain a certified eco-tour operator. They depart out of Ma'alaea Harbor, Lahaina Harbor, Ka'anapali Beach, and Manele Harbor (Lana'i).
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We used Trilogy to take an excursion to snorkel at Molokini Crater in Maui. The crew was so nice and friendly - they even knew our names by the end. They give you breakfast, snacks, drinks, and a catered lunch that was delicious. We saw tons of fish at the crater, and then they took us to another spot where we saw sea turtles. Such a fun trip! I would highly recommend using Trilogy!!!

1  Thank psandlin
Write a ReviewReviews (6,248)
All reviews
in 229 reviews
"molokini crater"
in 204 reviews

Reviewed 7 April 2012

My husband and I were very satisfy with the trip. Captain Brett and the crew were friendly, knowledgeable, and funny. They provided a laid-back and yet excellent service. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a snorkeling/whale watching excursion to Molikini Crater. They serve breakfast and lunch... both meals were yummy!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

The Humpback Whale Watch provided by the staff of Trilogy Kaanapali was the most incredible I have experienced in the forty three years I have made my annual pilgrimage
to Kaanapali. The catamaran Is capable of handling the waves, the captain and naturalists are kind, friendly and informative and their ability to find the whales is exceptional.

We experienced the following whale behaviors in this single watch that most people do not experience in a lifetime! Trilogy has whale karma. We saw
1. A mother and calf resting and nursing as an escort male stayed close to protect them.
2. Two humpback full breaches, one of which was performed 60 yards from the Trilogy!
3. Captain Riley spotted a group of seven whales off in the distance, moved toward their direction where we experienced an event that few ever see. These male humpbacks were fighting for supremacy, moving fast through the water while showing aggression of slapping their tails on one another, lunging their tremendous heads with extreme force onto another humpbacks head in an attempt to wear one another down. We experienced this amazing and rare opportunity for about an hour.
Witnessing whales perform all of these behaviors was extraordinary.

As you are breaking down the choices of who to charter a Whale Watch while on Maui, the most meaningful information I can share is that Trilogy Excursions Kaanapali is staffed by an outstanding crew that will exceed your expectations. They genuinely possess the heart and soul of Aloha. Captain Riley is personable and kind and determined to provide a great whale experience. Kiwi and Jordan were also exceptional naturalists who provided exceptional information about the Humpbacks and did so in an entertaining and meaningful way.

My heart and soul has been deepened today as a result of this experience. The behavior of the Humpback Whales provided me with a new sense of connection to them. The Trilogy crew genuinely offers the true spirit of Aloha and added perspective to what the circle of life is all about. I am grateful for their dedication to the whales, desire to do all they can to provide a guest a remarkable experience and the ability to transfer all of that in a manner that enriches our lives.

Trilogy Kaanapali gets my rating of 100 stars! Jordan, Kiwi and Captain Riley are remarkable individuals who will give you their best. They love what they do.....any guest can feel that from them and become enriched by their presence.
Linda Patterson

2  Thank Lindapatterson888
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We are not sailors. I was apprehensive of this seemingly expensive trip.

I was very wrong. This is terrific value sailing on beautiful big catamarans on gorgeous ocean with a highly skilled, enthusiastic, charming, attentive and entertaining crew. The food was fresh, well prepared, nutricious and generous and the quiet beach on Lanaii was comfortable and featured excellent snorkling and swimming. Everything was included to fully enjoy the day... even beach matts and snorkle equipment. We even saw several whales on the way over. Do this if you can. What a great day!

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This was one of those scenarios where we chose the trip that cost more b/c it was recommended and now I can see why! We did the Molokini Snorkel Discovery. You definitely get what you pay for! Attentive staff, low occupancy numbers and very delicious food! I am picky so that is a HUGE compliment! We went on an extra wavy day so I am glad my family and I took Bonine (to prevent sea sickness). We didn't notice a thing! The snorkeling was great and the whale sightings were incredible! All the staff was fantastic and was great when my 6 year old son was chatting their ear off! They all really loved their job and cared about every guest's experience! Can't recommend it enough! :)

1  Thank bouldersarahv