All reviews outdoor shower yogurt our honeymoon ho oilo house other guests private lanai house is beautiful great hosts every morning breakfast was delicious b bs the pacific ocean minute drive our favorite place hawaiian islands front street downtown lahaina
Reviewed October 8, 2017

We stayed for 4 nights. Very romantic setting, stunning views, polynesian interior style.. It felt very open, spacious, sunny.. but at the same time very private. Continental breakfasts were nice, I loved the healthy food choice, my hubby felt like he could have more substantial breakfasts though.. Our favorite part was the outdoor shower in the room!

Room Tip: try to get the room with ocean view.. though they get booked first
Reviewed September 30, 2017

Great views, very nice rooms. Location is convenient to everything on the Maui west coast, but quiet and private. Outdoor shower is great when you return from the beach. The view from the pool is about as good as it gets.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful accommodations, just perfect for a getaway with my wife. Only six rooms, so you barely see any other guests except at breakfast. Breakfast is a nice buffet and you can choose to eat by the pool or back to your lanai. Water, hot and cold, tea and coffee always available. We stayed in the Hanu room. Unique furnishing with large four poster comfortable bed. Our lanai had view of the gardens, mountains and the ocean in the distance. Amy and Dan were gracious hosts. I'm always a little nervous about staying at b&bs because when I'm on vacation, I just want to relax and not have to interact too much with other guests or hosts. (I'm an introvert,sorry) This property was perfect for our needs.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2017

The Ho'oilo House is unlike any place we have ever been. The atmosphere is one of pure relaxation all day, every day. My wife and I have never been more relaxed. There was no rush to do anything but there was always something to do if we wanted there to be. Dan was very knowledgeable about Maui and activities to do on the island. Our room was spectacular and the view from our outside shower was unparalleled. One of our favorite stories to share is that on our way out Dan casually cut a coconut down, from a tree in the front yard, so that we could drink from it. We can not recommend Ho'oilo place enough!

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Dan and Amy have created a beautiful get away from the Japanese inspired setting to the comfortable rooms and attentive service. It's a great alternative to the hotels providing a sanctuary after a long day of surf,sun,and island exploration

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple