“808 Grindz Cafe - worth the trip and the wait!”
Review of 808 Grindz Cafe

808 Grindz Cafe
Ranked #15 of 293 Restaurants in Lahaina
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Was a little leary going to a place that has been reviewed as long wait. Will it be worth it??? AND IT WAS!!! The coconut pancake was soooo good, especially with the macadamia sauce that accompanies it. The teriyaki steak was tender and flavorful. I enjoyed my portuguese sausage fried rice and eggs, although I wish there had been an actual sausage instead of just sausage cut up into the fried rice. Once you get inside and are seated, the service is pretty quick. We even met the owner's father who runs the restaurant now. We had to wait about 30 minutes for the five of us at 11 am. Try coming at noon: the servers were starting to take their breaks as the customers were fewer and no one was waiting in line outside.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

We went to 808 Grindz twice during our recent Maui visit, and had good experiences both times. The first time we didn't even have to wait for a table...I know, right? There is always a wait, but somehow we just lucked out. We were there pretty early. I like that they have "1/2 Da Bene" on their menu, which is just half an order of eggs benedict, so you're only half as guilty. We shared an order of pancakes and got the mac-nilla sauce on the side. That stuff is crazy good, and crazy rich, but it's vacation, live it up a little, and besides, you only had half an eggs benedict.

1  Thank SFOyeah
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Don’t waste your time coming here! Nothing is very flavorful and the eggs and potatoes were extremely greasy. The service is pretty fast and the pancakes are good. Not the worst food I’ve ever had, but there’s so many places in Maui that are much better.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Let start with I usually don’t wait. This place is small,maybe 10 tables,but everyone was polite and made you feel special. I had a banana pancake with Mac nut sauce that was outstanding! I’m torn between if it’s my new favorite. Definitely worth the wait. It is tough to find . Tucked in a small mall in Lahaina.find it ,eat there.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

After waiting in line for about an hour, we finally made our way into this small seemingly family owned restaurant. The wait staff was apologetic about the long wait, but they commenced to make up for the delay with outstanding service. We ordered a variety of dishes including banana pancakes, rocky road to Hana pancakes, short rib loco moco, and breakfast croissant. All of the food was very tasty. The pancakes here definitely surpass the pancakes at the Gazebo in terms of taste because they are moist. However, I wasn’t a big fan of the special vanilla sauce. It reminded me of a watered down cream cheese frosting. I would recommend sticking with maple syrup. It’s tucked away in a strip
Mall in historic Lahaina. We were able to find street parking behind the strip mall.

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to 808 Grindz Cafe? Share your experiences!